Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 Civic. Unaware if was a DX, EX, or LX. Wasn't an SI.

64,000 miles, coupe. Says:

The car has a turbo charge,short shifter,stage 3 clutch,boost control,MSD ignition kit,mix & match body kit(((FRONT(skyline R34)BACK(body club)SIDE SKIRTS(black widow)))),carbon fiber hood,Z3 fenders,halo headlights,alarm,pioneer stereo,blue pearl paint job(it looks white,blue,purple,gold). I just swapped the engine on this car because the old one had alot of miles,this engine is a 1.6 vtec motor from a 1998 honda civic.If you're really interested in buying this car give me call at[blocked] and ask for jose, if you can't reach me at this # leave a message and I'll get to you asap. You can also e-mail me at [blocked] If you would like to see more pictures please e-mail me and I'll send you some more. This car has to sell no matter what, so e-mail me and make me an offer. If you like the car, but not the price we can work something out that will keep both of us happy!!!

Air Conditioning; Alloy Wheels; AM/FM Radio; Compact Disc Player; Rear Window Defroster; Power Door Locks; Power Mirrors; Power Windows; Power Steering; Sunroof/Moonroof; Tinted Glass; Tilt Wheel;

He's asking for 8500. Which seems kinda low, I mean, shouldnt the turbo charge alone cost over 1500? then again, whod pay over what hes asking for a modded 95 body and '98 vtec engine?

is the price fair or does it look suspicious? im a little suspicious

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
sounds right, but test drive it first and get a friend that knows stuff about cars and have him take a looke. my friend bought a h22a swapped delsol for 7g's and it has a ton of mods, but i would suggest starting from the beginning so you can learn. he wishes he could have done the work him self.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea, I was thinking the same thing. of bringing a friend down to check the car out who knows a lot about cars. At the very least, I can still mod the car myself, I'd just have to replace the previous mods. Which I could probrably sell on ebay or something (right?)

is the '98 engine less efficient then the '99-'00 si engine? out of curiosity. thanks for the feedback.

mucho appreciated...o

·
Registered
747 Posts
Elixirs said:
is the '98 engine less efficient then the '99-'00 si engine?
the 1.6 VTEC he's referring to is no doubt a D16 out of an EX and not the B16 that came in the 99-00 Si. no 98 USDM Civic came with a B16.

D16 = 127hp
B16 - 160hp

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, how much HP would be added to the 127hp it already has by the turbo charger? compared to the '00 si with a turbo charger?

the fact that its a d16 now makes it less enticing =(

for about 400 bucks, I could get a 53,000 mileage '00 SI vtec with low mods, which is really just cold air intake and modded exhaust. which seems more worth it. I could mod it all myself then too- plus the extra HP from the '00 SI engine.

whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
747 Posts
hard to tell from that ad. he doesn't mention any internals, and actually doesn't mention an IC either. based on the ad (and this is just a guess) i would say he has 200 crank hp, maybe less.

if i were you, and it's only $400 more, get the Si. no question...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that does seem more plausible. but i think my insurance would be less with a '95 civic and the guy is offering to bring the price from 8500 to 8100.

how much would it cost to replace teh engine with a b16 vtec? and also would I be able to dismount the supercharger from the d16 vtec engine and place it onto a b16 vtec assuming i buy the new engine?

im trying to figure out the cheapest and the best way to soup up a car. for those of us that dont have tens of thousands to spare, you know what im talking about.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well what i'm thinkin is buy the 95 with the 98 vtec. take off the turbo charger, sell the car, buy an SI, put the turbo onto the SI.

would this be a good tactical approach or still just get the damn SI?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Elixirs said:
well what i'm thinkin is buy the 95 with the 98 vtec. take off the turbo charger, sell the car, buy an SI, put the turbo onto the SI.

would this be a good tactical approach or still just get the damn SI?
still get the Si. insurance is not going to be that much more.

The turbo from a D16 will not fit on a B16. they are 2 completely different engines....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks guys for handling my ignorance. i'm really tryin to learn all I can on honda's, civics especially.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts