Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard aLOT of complaining about all of these different short throw shifters, but is there one that actually works?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
4th gen or 5th gen?!
correct me if i'm wrong, but i think 5th gen's only have short throw adaptors.
if it's 4th gen, i hear nothing but good news about 4bidden and PSPEC

·
Registered
864 Posts
Only true short shifter for the 5th gen is the LeanRacing one. I have one, it's pretty nice. A hell of a lot nicer than a DC Sports Adapter. It would start becomming loose after a while, so shifting was nasty. Had this shifter in for a while and it's quite nice. Sometime soon I'm going to take off the center console and try out the other mounting positions (can be attached in 4 places).

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have a DC Sports Thort Throw on my 5th gen, works like a charm if you dont make it to tight and use the provided locktite. the throw is probably 30-35% shorter. Going into 5th gear is MUCH shorter for some reason, same with reverse. you gotta be a bit more careful when you have on on, so you dont dump it in R at 110.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I heard the PSPEC short shifter is amazing. I don't own one.....but it sounds to be a great quality product and has amazing shift feeling/response. If I were to buy a true short shifter...I would go with PSPEC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts