Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying one for my eg civic. I know it looks good and it weights less, but this is a daily driver and not going to hit the track. Is is worth spending 500 on one or just get a OEM hood to replace the dameged one I have. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
yeah man, good post. the only way that i see i would ever buy one would be if i had clearance issues or something, which i never will, so therefore i won't buy one. don't know why i posted this, it's probably not going to help you. :number1

·
Registered
49 Posts
carbon fiber hoods are good to a point especially if you want to skim some weight off the car. Most of the imports you see on the road have fake carbon fiber hoods. A real carbon fiber hood you can see some light through it if you hold it up to the sky or ceiling light. Most of the hoods out there are fiberglass layered in carbon fiber for looks. I checked out some companies when i was looking for CF parts for one of my race cars and i found CARBON FIBER 1 to be the best. I had a full 1 piece cf dash made for my race car and it weighed 2 pounds with brackets. Carbon fiber comes black/silver but if you want the colored stuff go with kevlar. Also if you car is a daily driver, real CF with get stress cracks especially if your where it snows.

·
Registered
49 Posts
xnow,
you cant say that, thats like saying dont do anything to your car but leave it stock and if thats the case this site isnt for you! heres a pic of a invader style hood that was made for my old car ,custom from the mold of the stock hood and the design on top. i know its not a honda. The hood which was made as a original piece for the porsche cost me 700 so your 500 dollar hood which is most likely mass produced is alot of money.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
civic26racer said:
xnow,
you cant say that, thats like saying dont do anything to your car but leave it stock and if thats the case this site isnt for you! heres a pic of a invader style hood that was made for my old car ,custom from the mold of the stock hood and the design on top. i know its not a honda. The hood which was made as a original piece for the porsche cost me 700 so your 500 dollar hood which is most likely mass produced is alot of money.
[/IMG]
that hood looks fuckin sick on your car dog :w00t

·
Registered
43 Posts
My hood got walked on by a drunk chick. A new hood is 50 bucks. If you want the oem style I think it is a big waste to buy a oem looking carbon fiber hood. But if you want a hood with a little more style 500 bucks is just right, because that is how much a VIS hood costs shipped. If you go cheap and get a generic for around 300 bucks yopu are getting ripped off, fittment sucks, the overall smoothness and look is poor, and they crack and fade easy. If you are going to get a Carbon fiber hood, get VIS at ebay unless you know what you are really getting. Im personally getting a VIS monster hood or vader

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.