Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Hey yeah I have it done to my car it should tell you on the back of your remote.If its the same as the Canadian one you press option and lock for 2 Seconds and it should change!:vpleased:

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Press option where?? My remote is a standard honda 2 button plus panic. The big button has a locked lock on it. The smaller button has an unlocked lock on it. and the panic button is a narrow oval at the bottom of the remote.

Please give me more info.

Thanks!

· Registered
290 Posts
00 FBP Civic Si said:
Press option where?? My remote is a standard honda 2 button plus panic. The big button has a locked lock on it. The smaller button has an unlocked lock on it. and the panic button is a narrow oval at the bottom of the remote.

Please give me more info.

Thanks!
Your alarm module and remote must be different than ours. We have a Lock, Unlock, Panic, and Option button on our remotes. Have you ready your owners manual on the alarm system? If not, I would suggest a look because perhaps on your system you need to disable the horn on the alarm module itself.

On the Canadian SiR's it is disabled via the remote. If you manual doesn't say anything then call your local dealer and ask them if it is possible.

I also hate the audible honks. I run mine silent but what I really wish is that it would only honk on activation. Sometimes it is hard to see the lights flash and a audible honk would be nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.