tial 35 mm 0.5 bar wastegate
greddy exhaust
walbro255/lph fuel pump
msd sci-l ignition
msd 2-step module
fields vtec controller

· Registered
320 Posts
Make sure the block is sleeved, because as good as that sounds, it will be all a complete waste if the motor is not sleeved. Also, who are you getting it from? Make sure it is someone you trust!!!

· Registered
896 Posts
civperc said:
dude, I have been noticing you keep suggesting people must lower their compression when turboing. It's not the case.
this is the first time i've actually suggested it, the other times were just showing why you would want lower compression.

i still don't under stand reasoning for raising compression, considering he's depending on a chipped ecu to handle his business.

EDIT: heres a quote from SAAB about compression:
The intercooler effectively cools the intake air, which reduces the risk of dangerous knocking. So the engine can be designed for a high compression ratio, and this automatically leads to low fuel consumption. The compression ratio of our new engine is 9 . 0 : 1 - which is among the highest on present-day standard turbocharged engines.
here's an engine designed to be forced inducted, still has lower compression than what that guy is shooting for in an engine that was never designed to be FI, most places would recommend to keep compression ratios at 8:1 or below...
but oh well, you don't have to have lower compression of course

· Registered
1,281 Posts
yea true...the highest compression i've seen a factory turbo car have is 9.4:1....oh yea that was a porsche 911 turbo.

that engine is $38,000 by itself....its ecu is hard as shit to crack....i dont think a little honda with some aftermarket ecu and stronger sleeves is going to beat the work done by porsche and saab

· Registered
445 Posts
low compression and make sure he block is sleved its the key to all turbo set-up

· Registered
192 Posts
What about tuning/engine manegment??

..Your gonna need to get something a little better than a piggy-back if you want the power for the $$ you put into this setup. Your not gonna see real HP till you do. Remember tuning is the most important part on ANY setup if you want power.

· Registered
45 Posts
i would say go with 9 or 9.5:1 cr and say dont waste your money on the zex camshaft, as a cam is not needed for a turbo setup (the gains will be veeery minimal)

good luck

Ben

also, golden eaghle sleeves are tops

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.