Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing through a local car forum and i came across this ad in the classifieds forum. this guy is selling...

a pair of 5 1/4 speakers RETAIL $80
a pair of 6x9 speakers RETAIL $115
a pair of 12" SUB's RETAIL $130 + $130 = $260
TOTAL RETAIL PRICE: $455 (these retail prices include tax)
everything is BRAND NEW in the box never opened...
everything is SONY brand...

he's selling the set for $250, is this worth buying for its price or should i get something else thats better for that price?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
my buddy bought a sony setup for $300, but well it kinda explains itself

bumb- sony does

·
Registered
57 Posts
GScivic7 said:
Sony = junk, don't buy it

I would say if you just starting to put sub in the ride. Plan on spending 700 on a pretty good system ( 2 12" and 1000 watt amp). If you want junk spend 300.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
best place for good sound deals is http://www.ikesound.com if your going to mainstream components (rockford, JL, sony). Stay away from sony amps and subs. IMO their middle to high priced head units are really nice. But if you're wanting two subs and an amp, 300 is gonna be kinda hard. You could prolly get two nice subs for that, amp will be at least that much.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
what the... said:
best place for good sound deals is http://www.ikesound.com if your going to mainstream components (rockford, JL, sony). Stay away from sony amps and subs. IMO their middle to high priced head units are really nice. But if you're wanting two subs and an amp, 300 is gonna be kinda hard. You could prolly get two nice subs for that, amp will be at least that much.
I'm going to have to interject here, ikesound.com was the best place to buy name brand stuff, until they started charging for shipping again. Some of their stuff is still pretty cheap though. What I would do is go to both www.thezeb.com and www.ikesound.com and compare prices, thezeb.com now has free shipping so it may be cheaper now. I'm going to be getting a Pioneer Premier DEH-P850 and it's like $10 cheaper from thezeb, where as if it was from ike without shipping it would have been like $30 cheaper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts