Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A civic dx with Cf hood, B18 Ls swap with Gsr head, head cut to .80 with intake and exhaust made, vtec controller, making 14.2 is that a good time?

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
BauleyCivic said:
you cut your head?

no that time sucks...LS/VTEC running 14's in an EG...GSR swaps run high 13's with bolt ons
Your basing that on one car running a 13 with a gsr swap (your roommate)...

Without knowing the track condictions/location I would not say a 14.2 is bad right off the bat. What was your 60' time and trap speed?

Also bauley if you can, please post your roommates slip or at least type in all the numbers. :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
if its PR and the day was 100+ degrees out then low 14's arrent bad ...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
it could be a good time, sounds decent to me, but a lot depends on the tuning and build of the engine as well as teh track conditions and driver.

if it was your first time at the track expect 13s with practice.

·
Registered
185 Posts
also a a bad driver can make a 10 second car do 15's

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yah that aint a bad time, since he is probably new to driving that particaular car with that motor aint the track not to bad at all, but i would expect once he got used to it he will run a high 13 or so.

·
Registered
41 Posts
did he correct the timing after taking that much material off the cylinder head?

I agree without 60' times its hard to say.

without any tuning and for a 1st time out 14.2 is nothing to frown at.

13's should come easily

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first of all his not my room mate:mad: , and the conditions of the tracks; wind is in favor of you, it si shot like 90*. He has that civic for 2 years now, the setup also includes B16 pistons, forgot to mention that at first. He is from another band that works cars around here. His best time was 14.2, if I remember anything else I'll post it. Anyways he got the hell taken out of him with my best friends Eclipse Gsx :D .

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
xavilude said:
first of all his not my room mate:mad: ,
Tran was saying that Bauley was making the comment that the 14.2 is slow cause Bauley's roomate ran a 13.xxx with a C1 swap
and that is the only thing that Bauley has to base his comment on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts