Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
554 Posts
Type-R

Yeah, it seems to be a Type-R but, someone did a lot of work trying to make it look like a plain Acura Integra. This car was not taken care of. Look at all the corrosion on the engine block. I would not pay more than 4,000 for this car, maybe less. No telling how the inside of the engine looks like. Just my two cents....

· Registered
214 Posts
Aww man they fvck that ITR up. Yeah man you better get the VIN number checked out and test drive it. Make sure everything is legit. I wouldn't be suprised if some parts on that motor was made up of cheap ass replacement parts. I'm sure that ITR has seen better days.

· Registered
2,106 Posts
i referenced the vin with decoding resources on the net, and found that it does match the vin of an ITR. however, if you look at the engine bay, the valve cover isnt red. so, we can deduce that without taking a look at the engine code on the block itself, that the engine at least is probably not a b18c5, but a b18c1 - the gs-r motor. so, if you go to look at it, make sure you look at the engine code so as not to get an itr body with a gs-r engine.

· Registered
467 Posts
Car looks like a real ITR..but just like everybody else says..make sure you do a complete check on the car..the dealership sounds "too eager" to let go of the car,that's somehting to be cautious about.

· Registered
542 Posts
It does have that B18C5 stamped...im guessing they did valvetrain work and sold the red valve cover....probably really screwed up engine....i too would pay more than what the engine is worth....hopefully it has original tranny...

· Banned
2,834 Posts
Absolutely unequivocally the car pictured in the PICS to that link is a Real Type-R, the motor is a real Type-R motor. The valve cover as well as quite a bit more has been altered here.

The numbers and tags match. The motor is good.

Despite the sellers hype, the JDM front end is NOT done for weight savings.

I didn't see a PIC of the underside of the hood or how it matches the lines of the fenders.

Since it is a 2000 I'd bet that it has been missing for ahwile and was recently recovered and for auction. I'd also bet that most everything that could be sold was sold IE; Red Valve cover, mats, Possibly wing, shift knob..........

Looks like someone screwed up their credit majorly.

A.

PS this topic has already been covered and is in the Type-R forums, as well as just about every other website for about the last 2 weeks.

· Banned
2,834 Posts
hawjboiz said:
yeah its a type r because 2000 type r's have no moon roof...so yeah its a type r
Thats how you figured it out genius?

NONE OF the Type-R's had a Moon/sunroof...

There are a load of other tell tale indicators Besides the Moonroof...

RS's didn't have a moonroof, Do you think it is an RS?

I think we already assessed that it was an R.

A.

· Registered
419 Posts
there r always a few things that will stand out
how 2 tell what ur driving or some1 else is driving
LS,RS,GS,LSS
1. optional rear spoiler
2. rear light n the rear window
3. molding arent painted
4. hub caps
5. optional sunroof

GS-R
1. speciality wheels
2. rear spoiler
3. sunroof
4. vtec badge
5. no rear light n the rear window
6. all the molding r 1 color

Type R
1. rear light n the rear window
2. 5 lugs on rims
3. irregular spoiler (higher than regular integra spoilers)
4. muffler
5. no moldings on the car
6. Type R sticker on teh each side of the car
7. no sunroof

if there is anthing else plz list them

· Registered
349 Posts
wU-rAcEr said:
there r always a few things that will stand out
how 2 tell what ur driving or some1 else is driving
LS,RS,GS,LSS
1. optional rear spoiler
2. rear light n the rear window
3. molding arent painted < WRONG..depends on the year of the car
4. hub caps
5. optional sunroof

GS-R
1. speciality wheels
2. rear spoiler
3. sunroof
4. vtec badge
5. no rear light n the rear window
6. all the molding r 1 color

Type R
1. rear light n the rear window
2. 5 lugs on rims
3. irregular spoiler (higher than regular integra spoilers)
4. muffler
5. no moldings on the car
6. Type R sticker on teh each side of the car
7. no sunroof
*8..The interior/cluster

how about the engines..?

if there is anthing else plz list them

· Registered
152 Posts
whoever is selling this car makes themselves REALLY suspect..

How does everyone now them tags and numbers werent from a REAL TYPE R and not the car shown in the pics?

im no saying its NOT a type r, im just sayin i wouldnt be suprised if someone is gonna get ripped off..

· Registered
213 Posts
i was intrested in how the car is checked it on carfax and says it has 2 history reports i bet that thing has seen some abuse probably flood damage

· Registered
170 Posts
WHERE'S THE RED VALVE COVER.

INTAKE MANIFOLD LOOKS JUST LIKE A GSR

SHIFT KNOB

STRUT BAR....

I REALLY DON'T THINK ITS LEGIT.. BUT GOOD LUCK

· Registered
213 Posts
saying it was a gs-r would be an overstatement i looked it up on carfax its a 2000 base model ls so whoever bought that got rippppped

· Registered
127 Posts
preludewes said:
saying it was a gs-r would be an overstatement i looked it up on carfax its a 2000 base model ls so whoever bought that got rippppped
JH4DC2311YS001276

this vin number can only mean Type R. so how come carfax would have it listed as an LS? if it was an LS than it would be DC4. there wouldn't be a number 1 after the 3 too i think.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.