Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to turn the 2.2L 4th Gen Prelude S Engine into a 2.2L VTEC Engine? I mean, without an engine swap?

~Peace :confused:

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, it's not my motor man.... hehe. Hell no, I already have the H22A. I was talking to another kid that is looking to get an engine swap to the H22A. I was just wondering if he could swap the head and do it for cheaper. Thanks for the input though man.

~Peace :)

· Registered
144 Posts
the 4th gen s model had a 2.2 soch motor in it
and from what ive gathered if u had the 2.3si motor
and put a 2.2 vtec head on it it wouldnt last long do to the lubrication not bieng to good.
coreect me if im wrong

· Registered
283 Posts
Actually

I got in touch with several guys who've done the h23 head swap and they said that you just need to yank out the oil control orifice (just pulls out btwn cyl 2&3) and you can actually install oil jets in there for about 90 beans. But still i ain't gonna fug widdit. I just wanna turbo.

That S model engine totally won't go for the swap from what I've heard. Single cam base just wouldn't go.

Later

· Registered
30 Posts
if he wanted any kind of vtec the accord f22 motors have vtec and they are sohc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.