Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the thing there is this new shop here in town that would put a turbo in my car for $3200 installed.

I have a 2001 Coupe 5speed Accord.

he says that Greddy makes turbo for my car but they have not put their name on those parts yet. So basicly he says that most of the stuff is Greddy.

All pipes
Mana Fold
Turbo
wastegate
computer-remaped
OPI lines
All fuel regulators
Injectors
Downpipe
Blowoff valve ( ANY KIND I WANT :eek: )
Spearco Intercooler

it's 3200 installed out the door.

the cheapest I have found around here is like $4800 to $5500 installed.

What do I need to watch out for guys?

should I go for it? :confused:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
its sounds too good to be true, but i dont know what to say... btw, you only have one fuel pressure regulator... and you should ask around and see how they do their work... also, what kind of turbo does this kit come with?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a pretty new shop ... about 3 months so I don't think the had the change to do that much work...

he said all the stuff is made by Greddy ... it only might say like turbo genetics or something ...

Would I need more than on fuel regulator ?

·
Registered
936 Posts
if all the stuff is made by greddy the how are u getting the spearco intercooler, and also more than likely the turbo has a intenal wastegate.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
robthegr8 said:
Thats BS unless they are using crap, and just doing it to get their names out. I would be very carefull they dont tell you half way thru the install its anouter 2k$ or soemthing.

I guess once the set a price which they did in writting the're fuck then ... I would not pay anymore than they already told me...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to the guy , he said that the piping comes with the kit and that is an external wastegate... he said he can do a Greddy intercooler for $200 more ....

so let me do the math .... $3400 with greddy intercooler

·
Registered
129 Posts
Exaccord01 said:
here is the thing there is this new shop here in town that would put a turbo in my car for $3200 installed.

I have a 2001 Coupe 5speed Accord.

he says that Greddy makes turbo for my car but they have not put their name on those parts yet. So basicly he says that most of the stuff is Greddy.

All pipes
Mana Fold
Turbo
wastegate
computer-remaped
OPI lines
All fuel regulators
Injectors
Downpipe
Blowoff valve ( ANY KIND I WANT :eek: )
Spearco Intercooler

it's 3200 installed out the door.

the cheapest I have found around here is like $4800 to $5500 installed.

What do I need to watch out for guys?

should I go for it? :confused:
well if greddy didn't put their name on it yet look for a dsm logo.. and the turbo should have a built in wastegate not an external one.. i'm assuming greddy would use the 18g turbo for ur car.. greddy's fuel management is kinda computer think that hooks to ur ecu.. i can't quite remember the name of it right now

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Is this shop full of shit or what?

xJDM94x said:
well if greddy didn't put their name on it yet look for a dsm logo.. and the turbo should have a built in wastegate not an external one.. i'm assuming greddy would use the 18g turbo for ur car.. greddy's fuel management is kinda computer think that hooks to ur ecu.. i can't quite remember the name of it right now
what is DSM ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Exaccord01 said:
are you sayin it's made by mitsubishi
the turbo itself is, but not the piping.. manifold.. downpipe.. nor any of the fuel management upgrades. in all honesty man u can piece together ur own turbo kit for about $1000 and installation isn't really that hard.. i did my turbo kit on my car and it took me about one day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts