Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the thing there is this new shop here in town that would put a turbo in my car for $3200 installed.

I have a 2001 Coupe 5speed Accord.

he says that Greddy makes turbo for my car but they have not put their name on those parts yet. So basicly he says that most of the stuff is Greddy.

All pipes
Mana Fold
Turbo
wastegate
computer-remaped
OPI lines
All fuel regulators
Injectors
Downpipe
Blowoff valve ( ANY KIND I WANT :eek: )
Spearco Intercooler

it's 3200 installed out the door.

the cheapest I have found around here is like $4800 to $5500 installed.

What do I need to watch out for guys?

should I go for it? :confused:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to the guy , he said that the piping comes with the kit and that is an external wastegate... he said he can do a Greddy intercooler for $200 more ....

so let me do the math .... $3400 with greddy intercooler

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I'd ask around and talk to a few of their customers, some shops like to do real sneaky things like give you one price, and swear up and down that that's the price, then in the middle of the install "something" will go wrong and you need more money, if you say screw it just rip it out, they say well that's $1000 for labor lol. Just be careful, that's not pocket change.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
illusion said:
I'd ask around and talk to a few of their customers, some shops like to do real sneaky things like give you one price, and swear up and down that that's the price, then in the middle of the install "something" will go wrong and you need more money, if you say screw it just rip it out, they say well that's $1000 for labor lol. Just be careful, that's not pocket change.
Do you think that after setting a price they'd come and say hey I need $1000 ... I hope not ... what should I tell before they start the install then ???

thanks for the advice man :)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Exaccord01 said:
I talked to the guy , he said that the piping comes with the kit and that is an external wastegate... he said he can do a Greddy intercooler for $200 more ....

so let me do the math .... $3400 with greddy intercooler
How the HELL!... where is this shop?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The shop is here in Gainesville, FL it's call SMOKIN CUSTOMS ...

the name of the guy is Cesar ... he does all the performace stuff...

if I decide to do it ... I will want to see every single part of that turbo in a box before installing it ... but you know they are a new shop and probably tryin to stablish their name here in Town ...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I hate shops! Well....not all of them....my friends shop is pretty damn good and i get hook ups, basically any tool i need i go down there and use it for free. But yeah most shops rip you off, once my door switch was broken and wouldn't report the door was open, i didn't know what was wrong with it so i took it to a electrical atuo repair place. I saw the guy probing around and i saw him take the switch out and then he grounded it and everything worked. Well, he just stops right there and says he doesn't know what was wrong with it and wanted $60 to check the whole system.....I said fuck that and left went down to my friends told him what he did, he looked at my switch and said the L shaped thing broke off, he gave me a new switch to replace my broken one for free. Basically if you every have a problem with your car get it looked at by more than one person. Sorry i kinda got off topic....But yeah, $3200 for a turbo kit and installed is a good deal, but make sure you know what parts you are getting b4 u do it. And about that Greddy kit......i hope they make it and make it carb legal...cali.....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
damn man..

damn man... you got me all hyped up... i went and emailed GReddy, this was their response:

i heard a rumor about a 6th gen accord turbo... is this true?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your interest in GReddy Products
Currently we do not offer a turbo kit for the Accord and I have not heard of any plans for anything like that anytime soon. Sorry. But thank you for your email
Please keep in touch with your favorite Authorized Greddy dealer for more updates. http://greddy.com/dealers/

oh well...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Re: damn man..

kleankord said:
damn man... you got me all hyped up... i went and emailed GReddy, this was their response:

i heard a rumor about a 6th gen accord turbo... is this true?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your interest in GReddy Products
Currently we do not offer a turbo kit for the Accord and I have not heard of any plans for anything like that anytime soon. Sorry. But thank you for your email
Please keep in touch with your favorite Authorized Greddy dealer for more updates. http://greddy.com/dealers/

oh well...
My bad, I could have sworn they did but I guess not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts