Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
chicken said:
is it true that you need to get a wheel alignment everytime i adjust my coilovers?

if you raise or lower them you do. You should put them in the lowest setting, get an alignment, mark on the coilovers where they were set, then get it again later on in the highest you use, and to the same.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Snoopy said:
you dont have too, but believe me, if you dont you'll go through tires like whoa.
yeah.....exactly.....like woa, i gotta get new tires soon just cuz of that. The damage had already been done once i put my camber kit on.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Snoopy said:
you dont have too, but believe me, if you dont you'll go through tires like whoa.

you never really HAVE to do maintenance like this, unless of course you want everything to work properly... my advice is to get frequent alignments (you need them if you are running things like this more often)

·
Registered
111 Posts
98Vtec said:
yeah.....exactly.....like woa, i gotta get new tires soon just cuz of that. The damage had already been done once i put my camber kit on.
what's the purpose of the camber kit?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Hyper2k said:
what's the purpose of the camber kit?
when you lower your car your tires arent in direct contact with the road anymore and it causes the insides of your tires to wear more. A camber kit puts all the tires equally back on the road and eliminates the bad tire wear.

·
Registered
111 Posts
98Vtec said:
when you lower your car your tires arent in direct contact with the road anymore and it causes the insides of your tires to wear more. A camber kit puts all the tires equally back on the road and eliminates the bad tire wear.
makes sense, thanks :hug

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
98Vtec said:
which kit?

i bought some no namers off ebay, said they would do +/- 3 degrees, POS wont do any negative only +3 so i'm running at 0 degrees, really crappy on turn in now, scares the squirts out of me sometimes, but i've got my tires to last way longer than usual :number1

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Matt said:
which kit?

i bought some no namers off ebay, said they would do +/- 3 degrees, POS wont do any negative only +3 so i'm running at 0 degrees, really crappy on turn in now, scares the squirts out of me sometimes, but i've got my tires to last way longer than usual :number1
i got a SPC kit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
chicken said:
is it true that you need to get a wheel alignment everytime i adjust my coilovers?
Well,,, I don't think that I need to get a wheel alignment everytime you adjust your coilovers...:D :clap :lol2

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
in near perfect shape, i can take a pic if u donot beleve me, ive had the same tires sence may 2000. :number1

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
hobie237 said:
you are a lucky, lucky, lucky man...
ive put less then 19k miles on my car in the past 5 yrs LOL

luck might not have much to do with it. but yes get a aligment if u change ur suspention especally if ur driving alot

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
SpecalK said:
ive put less then 19k miles on my car in the past 5 yrs LOL

luck might not have much to do with it. but yes get a aligment if u change ur suspention especally if ur driving alot

that would explain a lot... lol... i put 13k on my truck alone each year... 5k on the miata, which is going up since thats my main ride right now...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts