Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my girl a '99 EX sedan with 5-speed. She loves it but it has NO torque as compared to the Saturn with a 8-valve 1.9 SOHC she had before. And when I get in a 216 lbs. and two others in the back and gear it has to be reved pretty hard to get away from a stop sign. I already put a K&N drop in air filter in it with no real seat of the pants gain. She does not want the sound of a loud intake or exhaust so how can I get her more torque without making the car louder orgoing to crazy with mods? :eek:

·
Registered
478 Posts
torque is something you wont find in any honda motor. (i dont care what series)

the problem is, that the little bit of "oomph" the d16 makes is greatly outwieghed by the 96+ chassis civics wieght. just as you said that when you have more and more passenger wieght in the car, it seems worse. this is expected. Breathing mods alone wont do anything but increase noise on your car. Certainly nothing for the low end "grunt"

and to be honest, going by your parameters, and it being a daily driven car by your gf.. there sadly, really is nothing you can do other than a highly modifed ($$$$) motor (or swap $$$$) to bring it up to any sort of par. =(

its an economy car.. let it get the gas miliage and cruise up the on ramps, watch out for semi trucks on your tail. =)

sorry i had to be the bearer of bad news.

·
Registered
478 Posts
smart ass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts