Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
Greddy_v6 said:
should i trade in my v6 for an is300 stick?? wat's your opinion???
YES! THAT'S WHAT IM GONNA DO THEY HAVE A NON TURBO SUPRA MOTOR 2JZ-GE AS DO SC300,GS300 THEY CAN BE TURBOED TO PRODUCE 400HP AT THE WHEEL'S + ON STOCK INTERNAL'S WITH INTERNAL MODIFICATION THE SKY IS PRACTICALLY THE LIMIT.

· Registered
324 Posts
I personally don't like the IS300 very much. They look okay but nothing special and the interior is much like the new altimas imo.
For speed, its kool.. but did you guys know the Japanese I4 is faster than the jap V6? hehe.. The NA models are all V6s.. I'd get the RX-8 over the IS300, relatively the same price.

· Registered
278 Posts
bachviet said:
If you want pure speed, the Scooby and EVO VII are more suited for you! The IS300 is not fast nor looks good (comparing to 3 series BMW)! I'll take a stock TL-S for about the same price and kill that IS300 5sp! :sleep:

yeah but none of those cars will make 500+ whp with an existing bolt on turbo kit. thats right there is a ton of atermarket ,trd,and jdm parts for the is300/altezza !!! (being virtually all the parts for it and the supra are interchangeable) IS300-2jz-ge SUPRA-2jz-gte:rolleyes:

· Registered
917 Posts
LI, we don't have the kind of $$$ you have so we just can't go and install all the available mods including the turbo and void the warranty! The CL/TL-S costs about the same as the the IS300 but it's faster and has more features! :D I want to get something fast from the factory and mod it lightly instead of getting a slower car and mod the heck out of it! ANyway I like spacious car so IS300 doesn't fit my taste!

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i don't like the looks of the new infiniti g35. and i would like to stay away from nissan and infiniti. have bad experience with them. i do not care for luxury much. plus the new is has a nav comp. do accords have one?? i think that makes the is more luxurious. as for styling, the right bodykit will fix that.

· Registered
93 Posts
i like the IS300.. but i love bmw's i have driven both an is300 sprtcross and many bmws ie(m3, 530i, 750il, 330ci). The bmws are just soo much more refined. Every thing in a bmw/mercedes, is high quality, and everything fits perfectly. While the lexus has a certian appeal to it like chrome shifter knob, and watch style speedo.. it still feels like a supped up corrola...hehe thats just my option..

my future car..
200? bmw m3
Any questions/?

· Registered
313 Posts
I've been checking out the IS300, the 330ci and the S4, and out of those three cars the IS300's interior is best described in two words, "Fisher Price." The 330ci and S4 interiors are simply amazing compared to the IS300.

In all fairness though the IS300 costs about 6-10k less than the 330ci and S4 when similiary equiped. I just don't like the styling of IS300... the dash board, dash cluster, and doors all seem cheesy and cheap to me when I compared them to the 330ci and S4.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to test drive the IS300 yet, but the 330ci and S4 are both amazing cars.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.