Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying two MTX 6000 (T6104A) series 10" Subs for my car, but i was wondering what kind of amp i would need. I was thinking about going with the MTX Thunder4250D for that setup. Any help would be great thanks.

·
Banned
846 Posts
if you are set on those subs, you just need an amp rated around 500-600W RMS.

try lookin at the JBL 600.1 for a good amp for those.

If your not completely set on that sub, i would reccomend lookin at some Elemental Designs subs. They are awesome for the price. Will smoke the MTX subs to hell for the same price or LESS.

www.edesignaudio.com

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
don't forget about blueprint subwoofers. the 1202 lines should go well against with the e12k:)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
also they will handle 1000+ watts RMS. great sound quality too! its basically the same as the Resonant Engineering (aka RE) HC12 series, but with only SVC 4ohm

·
Banned
846 Posts
ohhhh, if its close the HC, then yea, they are great subs. One of my friends has a couple of HC 12's. Great subs for the price. I'm sure blueprint is the same!:D

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
arent those 12" HC priced at around $300 something? anyways..i would sure like to get my hands on thsoe XXX series sub. the 10" are monsterous!:eek:

·
Banned
846 Posts
yea, the HC's are somewhere around that. My friend got his on the preorder though. I think he only paid around 400 Shipped for both.

Those XXX's are beastly! Wouldnt mind getting my hands on the 15 or 18.

But, since i am a loyal fan of DD, i will be puttin in the funds for a 9915 (not 9515) around Christmas time.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
dude! i envy you! those 9915 should take a lot of beating..hell..it would consider 1000 watts RMS tickling:D

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
iam still waiting on my damned e12 :) ....... anyone have hook ups for the bp600.1? i cant afford 2 bills on ebay :(

·
Banned
846 Posts
get on ikesound.com, and call or email the guy, and give him a reasonable offer on it, and tell him you will send cash. Probably help you and him out.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
1200mk said:
iam still waiting on my damned e12 :) ....... anyone have hook ups for the bp600.1? i cant afford 2 bills on ebay :(
http://bsless.com/bp600-1.html

shipping is a flat rate $10, but use coupon code DRB5 and get $5 off. also get some headphone free too! (free anyways:p ) total of $194.00. expect to get it less than 7 business days

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
litspliff420 said:
BTW, any word from the starter of this thread???:p :p
yeah i started this thread, my question wasn't really answered too. Kinda new at the audio scene, most of the modifications i've done are suspension and engine work. i'm not exactly set on the mtx subs yet, but i'm looking over some of your suggestions. Oh yeah keep in mind that all i'm looking for is 2 10" or 1 12". speedxracer you wanna help me out?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Accord_F22 said:
ok nevermind my question was answered. Can anyone else give me amp recommendations?
how much can you spend on the amp? what are the OHM of each sub?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts