Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone tuned his itr whit cam gear ?maybe someone can give me an ide for the setting,i know i know all settup is difference but we dont have any dyno around here
thx for helping

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Just get it dyno'ed every car is different..........or leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
please dont tell me you turbo'ed your ITR... if you have one... if so, its just a shame

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
the b18c5 is one of the only engines you dont turbo IMO... why on earth do that when there are so many all motor options? btw, there are 2 cams on your engine, just so you know

ugh... that motor is meant for all motor... IF i had it and did FI, i would do JRSC all the way even though i hate them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
you will never be as fast n/a with a b18c5 as if you build the bottom end and get new pistons and rods and thick headgasket and then turbo. I could be wrong and if so correct me (but no need to flame). I am currently debating whether I want to be normallly aspirated or go turbo. and you say there are so many option do you mind telling me some of them you can PM me, e=mail me or put them on here I just wanna know what else I can do without going to turbo.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
depend on whats your goal
if you wanna drag race or street race then turbo is the way 100%
but if you do some lapping and solo racing then n/a would be the best way to go 100%

·
Registered
896 Posts
theres a guy around here with a ITR turbo'd, he's got 434 whp, it's daily driven, runs low 12's and is shooting for 11's

i dunno about any of you, but i dont see too many 11 second daily driven cars... turbo ITR is all good in my book

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ah I kinda of support the N/A route myself for a R, a gsr would be more suited for turbo, except you have and lsd already.

Most people have big problems with the ITR cams because they have to much overlap, many people try cams gears etc, but they solve the problem by getting GSR cams put in place.
Check out the forced induction section at h.o.n.d.a.t.e.c.h (take out the dots and add www and com) there are a lot of boosted Rs discussing the same thing. But I already told you the best solution!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts