Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat is the final drive of our cars and say if i put a ITR would i loose the ability to still go 140mph? and if so how fast would say my car go, i know iTR top around 140 so i should still be around there with noticable acceleration improvements?

·
Registered
678 Posts
get ats

do you really drive 140 alot? and y get an itr that4.7 when you can get an ats at 4.9 better acceleration, and its cheaper.:)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well not alot....but i kno i do get up to 120 every once in awhile..., 140 is nothing tho, feels like blah so i wouldn't wanna get rid of it becuase 120 isn't much to me either..i know things are dangerous at those speeds anyways but i still wanna keep the ability of the car to be able to do that....what kinda top speed would i be looking at with the ATS 4.9 final drive give me?

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
You should still be able to hit 120 mph. One thing to remember is that 5th gear in a ITR is taller than in a Si (0.787 vs 0.848), this makes up for the shorter final drive when cruising in 5th gear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
not to rag on your logic, but does the concern of you not going to 140 mph with a final drive a reason to question about purchasing it? i mean, c'mon now, do you even know what it does? stick to simple bolt ons

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

THis is a comparison to a gs-r but still, same principles.

The JDM ITR 4.785 FD will improve your acceleration dramtically.
As you can see, it will pull a lot harder when compared to that of a SI/b16

most dramatically in 1-3 you will see a noticeable difference. Highway cruising rpm will be somewhere in the 45oo+rpm at 80mph

Here it is:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you jayman, finally someone with some good info, 140 matters to me becuase top end is important, so basically best thing to do if i want to keep this ability is to get the type r 5th gear to use in conjunction with a final drive, correct?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
LS 5th gear for highway crusing comfortability.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts