Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does itr intake manifold fit in a gsr block?
ive been looking at it and it looks like it doesnt fit correctly. its just a thought, i might not even do it with i have to change the ecu

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
You can get a skunk2 which is a very similar design. The only thing that doesnt really fit is the throttle cable will have some extra slack. you can get a type R cable and pully if that concerns you.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
you might as well get an aftermarket one, i.e. blox (an-r) or skunk2

i see that you have a cold air intake as well. you'd have to change that too since the tb section sits higher than the GSR IM

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think what you meant to ask is if a itr intake manifold will fit the gsr head? from what i hear, the bolt pattern on the itr manifold will NOT match up to the gsr head. The skunk2/blox/anr/jg victor x intake manifolds are all single stage manifolds just like the ITR. Once you switch over to one of these single stage manifolds, its also smart to get an itr throttle cable, a non gsr throttle body pulley, and the itr cable holder thing (forgot the correct name of it). lol oh yeah, manifold gasket as well as the throttle body gasket. Once you switch over manifolds, you'll also need to look into a different intake (itr/b16a/ls models will fit. Hope that helps

·
Registered
342 Posts
The gsr manifold is good by itself... I think it was (something) racing team that build an all motor than used the gsr manifold... its got potential

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
ABCsR2EZ4Me said:
The gsr manifold is good by itself... I think it was (something) racing team that build an all motor than used the gsr manifold... its got potential
it was erick's racing. it may have looked stock on the outside but the inside is a whole different story.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snoopy said:
it was erick's racing. it may have looked stock on the outside but the inside is a whole different story.
dont erick's racing have a civic that runs 9 sec with 300 something whp.
i was amaze when i hread that

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still really good though

·
Registered
9 Posts
will fit

I've got a gsr head...itr c5 block and the itr intake manifold wil fit....but the skunk is alot more top end power than the type r.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
SoSublime68 said:
I've got a gsr head...itr c5 block and the itr intake manifold wil fit....but the skunk is alot more top end power than the type r.
a stock itr manifold will not fit a p72 (gsr) head. where do you think the type r mani makes its power? thats right, in the top end. and where do you think skunk2 got the design for their mani, from honda. they just took honda's design and changed the bolt pattern to fit different heads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts