Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will everything run flush if i got ahold of an ITR Tranny [usdm or jdm]?

Or would i be better off goin w/ a GS-R

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
ITR has crappy LSD compared to a quaiife or any helical LSD, but true it is LSD, and ITR has better gearing than GSR marginally I believe.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Yes the USDM ITR tranny has the same final drive as the GS-R tranny but with shorter 2nd-5th gears. The GS-R has the same gearing as the LS tranny in 1st and 2nd but much shorter 3rd-5th, and a 2-3% shorter final drive. The ITR tranny will keep ya spinning high on the freeway (3500rpm at 60mph), but the gearing means great acceleration and the LSD is great also.

If you can afford it, get your hands on an ITR one. It bolts up fine but you might need different axles or shift linkage or something, I dunno. But it does work without too much trouble.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What tranny's with LSD do you guys reccomend + prices.

Also, how much is it to install trannys on Tegs.. i heard the labor is expensive.

THanks for help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im gonna be needing an entire new tranny... so im guessin i should just go with a USDM ITR Tranny? Oh, and arnt ITR Trannys Helical?[usdm at least]

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
ITR LSD is a "Torrsen Type LSD" I believe...forgive spelling or being wrong, I believe its a Torrsen though and not a Helical LSD.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
I'm pretty sure the ITR LSD is helical.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Bling Bling factor.

Quaife has lifetime warrenty. Think of them as the Craftsman of LSD's. Kaaz, Cusco, Spoon, and others are aftermarket. Maybe they are just better in a way. I wouldn't know. Maybe if our ex-mod 1Greyteg visits he can help clarify this.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about LSD's, but I have heard from many that the Quaife and Kaaz LSD's are MUCH better on the track than the ITR one, even though the ITR one is decent.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The KAAZ comes in 2 forms, 1.5 way and 2 way. That may be one reason on swapping it out.

Not only that, but if and when the stock unit goes out, its just a better choice to go aftermarket than to pay about the same price or more for the stock unit.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
White98LS said:
I don't know a whole lot about LSD's, but I have heard from many that the Quaife and Kaaz LSD's are MUCH better on the track than the ITR one, even though the ITR one is decent.

besides running a ton of HP on them..

on the drag strip, the quaife is supposedly better..

all i want is a LSD from an ITR and a final drive set lol

no dragging for me :p

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
No doubt, that would be perfect....

Oh and I've heard that the ITR LSD can hold up to about 275wtq before it has problems.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
White98LS said:
No doubt, that would be perfect....

Oh and I've heard that the ITR LSD can hold up to about 275wtq before it has problems.
yup that's about how much i wanna go.....

just gonna slap on a www.full-race.com turbo kit and not worry about upping the boost...(yet hehe)

besides the reg. tuning, i'm not planning on going a-wall with that thing lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Damn i knew it! haha, i coulda swore ITR LSD was helical. Oh well, so you guys think an ITR Tranny etc + labor is gonna run me up around $1500 or so?

[i swear these mods dont even read their private messages :(. Under my config name before forum went down i had 300+ posts, so when it came back up i asked to change config to aphex [i reg'd aphex]. Instead.. they registered me a new blank account with name config. So oh well.. guess ill just start over]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts