Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
No I am not about bling, I fixed the problems on my car with the best I could replace them with in my budget. And I am sorry, but everything I paid for was well worth the money. Paint, engine, seats, audio, wheels, suspension. you name it, it is all quality parts that I was willing to pay the money for. So what now, I am some fanboi because I have expensive parts on my car? Have you guys never had the pleasure of owning a car that you have put some good money into?

Dude you are about the bling, you just see it differently, you want people to look at your shit and be like that's awesome yo! I seen your identical thread on H-T. It's ok it's quite common, we all to some extent want people to look at our shit and think it's cool.

I got expensive shit on my car too.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Okay so, you port and polish a gsr head, put the same cams and valvetrain in it, and its going to meet the ITR in power?
you can pull more than itr power with intake manifold, cams,and boltons. but the gsr makes more linear power than the type r as a result of the IM....the motor you have in your car is alot better than you think.... if you put an itr tranny on your gsr with some boltons i can promise you'll run with type r's

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Dude you are about the bling, you just see it differently, you want people to look at your shit and be like that's awesome yo! I seen your identical thread on H-T. It's ok it's quite common, we all to some extent want people to look at our shit and think it's cool.

I got expensive shit on my car too.
exactly it's your car do what you want. but if you're going argue the logic of swapping a gsr for itr...that's a different story...the money saved could be spent elsewhere for better things

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't do it for people to be like oh damn son that shits hot. I did it for me because I wanted to do my car for a hobby, not a challenge. And I don't know why you keep referring to GSR, that motor is gone and you will never guess what is in there? This is where I agree to disagree. But my car was far from built to please others.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
It's not to please others. It's to validate your own taste, which you can't deny you are doing or you wouldn't make two threads on two forums that are doing just that.

I commend your bravery though in telling the internets what cool shit you have itemized in your ride. :hehs

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I do agree that if your doing it for yourself, and you don't care about the money, or its not an issue, who cares? I'd love to have an ITR just to say I have one or because its what you planned on getting in your build exactly, its cool, but usually money is an issue for me.

Screw all this non-sence, my type R makes like 50 more hp and 100 more ft.lbs of torque at the wheelz :lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's not to please others. It's to validate your own taste, which you can't deny you are doing or you wouldn't make two threads on two forums that are doing just that.

I commend your bravery though in telling the internets what cool shit you have itemized in your ride. :hehs
Why wouldn't I make one? I have actually been able to help a lot of people who have seen things I have done and tell them how I did it. Its nice to get peoples feedback and have conversations with others about the car. I have actually met a lot of people through my build threads. I have no problem telling people what I have, it is no secret. If someone wants something bad enough they will get it anyway. If I did things to please others, the car would look a lot different. I have actually been told by a lot of people along the way to not do certain stuff or certain things weren't going to look good. But I did them anyway because I have in mind what I want out of my car and I will get it, once again, its my hobby.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I do agree that if your doing it for yourself, and you don't care about the money, or its not an issue, who cares? I'd love to have an ITR just to say I have one or because its what you planned on getting in your build exactly, its cool, but usually money is an issue for me.

Screw all this non-sence, my type R makes like 50 more hp and 100 more ft.lbs of torque at the wheelz :lol
Exactly. I will be first to admit that I used to say the same things that everyone has told me, until I had the money and time to do it. It is a whole different story when you can afford everything you actual want, otherwise you will look for reasons to justify why you don't have it.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Why wouldn't I make one? I have actually been able to help a lot of people who have seen things I have done and tell them how I did it. Its nice to get peoples feedback and have conversations with others about the car. I have actually met a lot of people through my build threads. I have no problem telling people what I have, it is no secret. If someone wants something bad enough they will get it anyway. If I did things to please others, the car would look a lot different. I have actually been told by a lot of people along the way to not do certain stuff or certain things weren't going to look good. But I did them anyway because I have in mind what I want out of my car and I will get it, once again, its my hobby.
CSB :tu

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
You should post this elsewhere if you want good feedback, there are very few knowledgeable people on here and has become mainly an off topic forum. Good luck with the swap!
totally agreed. lol that is exactly how I think. It seems as if everyone on here is here just to pick out arguments and call people fucking dumb for there ideas or what they want to do..... that really helps.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
No I am not about bling, I fixed the problems on my car with the best I could replace them with in my budget. And I am sorry, but everything I paid for was well worth the money. Paint, engine, seats, audio, wheels, suspension. you name it, it is all quality parts that I was willing to pay the money for. So what now, I am some fanboi because I have expensive parts on my car? Have you guys never had the pleasure of owning a car that you have put some good money into?
yeah I am a fanboy too because I appreciate engineering. But again, it is all to personal opinion, myself, I would take a Type R over a GSR anyday as well. The big difference for me between the two is the balanceing of all the internal parts. That is a big deal and should not be overlooked. It creates such a good base to build power upon. It is like a race engine that has all the performance parts beside a an engine with the same performance parts but has also been blueprinted. Huge difference. So that is how I see the Type R, factory blueprinted.

I hear you anyways. I understand.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
totally agreed. lol that is exactly how I think. It seems as if everyone on here is here just to pick out arguments and call people fucking dumb for there ideas or what they want to do..... that really helps.
no he interjected skewed info and got corrected.....he started the argument calling people ignorant for even considering the gsr to be in the same league as the itr....we aren't band wagoners...do we give a shit what either of you do to your car because you want a specific name under your hood? no....but if you're going to talk out of your ass then yes you will get corrected. he started the argument if you had read the whole thread

·
Registered
327 Posts
no he interjected skewed info and got corrected.....he started the argument calling people ignorant for even considering the gsr to be in the same league as the itr....we aren't band wagoners...do we give a shit what either of you do to your car because you want a specific name under your hood? no....but if you're going to talk out of your ass then yes you will get corrected. he started the argument if you had read the whole thread
No, I never got corrected. It was basically a "nuh uh" "uh huh" match. Your a fucking retard for even thinking the 2 are the same. And that they have the same amount of engineering in them. And as far as the "name brand" parts, no need to talk down on someone who has quality parts because you either can't afford them or you just too plain IGNORANT to think that replicas are even close in quality. Fuck you must take it in the ass...

41 - 54 of 54 Posts