Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '96 hatch and I've been thinking of an all motor C5 for me currently weak engine bay. The guys I've talked to so far that have Rs have given me mixed opinions, anything from "It's not worth it" to "Hell yeah, go for it" I've driven friends' Type Rs and the power, the Vtec, just ......damn. I've only got a D16Y7 now and I'm fiending like a crackhead who needs a hit. I NEED POWER. I'd like your opinions on a motor possibility or whether an ITR motor would be right for me

· Registered
1,298 Posts
as long as you buy one that's legit :)
I think it's worth it, but if you wanna spend the money, why not just get a Spoon tuned c5?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought of that, and right now, before I start spending money, I have to think of what I'm going to change on my own before I spend the extra money for a name. Spoon is great. don't get me wrong, but why pay an extra assload of money when I'm gonna end up with different cams and shit anyway. BTW Do you know where I can find a good low mile JDM Spoon C5? and how much $?

· Registered
1,298 Posts
IDriveJosephine said:
I thought of that, and right now, before I start spending money, I have to think of what I'm going to change on my own before I spend the extra money for a name. Spoon is great. don't get me wrong, but why pay an extra assload of money when I'm gonna end up with different cams and shit anyway. BTW Do you know where I can find a good low mile JDM Spoon C5? and how much $?
to be honest, I don't know, in this area you won't find one easily, that's for sure.
true, if you plan to change cams and all that on your own, then spoon would be a waste of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.