Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this winter i'm either goin ls possibly turbo or gsr turbo...i'm just double checking if it's possible to throw in the ITR pistions or am i better off with like je pistions or something along that line?? and with the ITR pistions would boring be nessasary??

·
Registered
354 Posts
itr pistons will raise the compression. you can still turbo it, but with a high compression and turbo, everything has to be carefully tuned, or else....GOOD BYE ENGINE!

so go with the low compression JE pistons

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
you CAN have high compression turbo, but you will probably be dealing with more pre-detination and it takes a lot to build a high comp. turbo engine. besides, honda uses aluminum blocks, kinda weak. itr pistons agreed, for a mild turbo setup it is not a good idea at all. ITR'S have been turboed before. only running around 4 lbs of boost. but i think thats a waste. go all na or all turbo. you can increase reliability and power delivery if you lower the compression or even use a head spacer/deck plate.

lower compression pistons are usually advisable.

personally, i'd go with an ls (b18b) turbo setup. when vtec engages there an overlap between intake and exhaust cams for a split second. meaning both valves are opened at the same time. hmm.... boost and exhaust valve.... anyways, theres ways to tune your engine with vtec around a turbo. or kill vtec completely. but the b18b has a slightly larger displacement and already has lower compression so it think it would be a better candidate (more so easier) than the b18c. besides you can always get more aggressive cams and whatnot.

how far are you wanting to go with this?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just want like a mild turbo setup nothing too big i just wanna feel the power and a buget around 5,000 to work with...

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
small turbo with small boost and mid compression will work fine for mild turbo set up. thicker head gasket would help, and timing slowed, but its possible to run 10psi on 10cr with no problems for moderate amount of work.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
na for the b18 c

better power when adding bolt ons.

·
Registered
228 Posts
more bragging rights with N/A set-up but so costly imma drop in a Drag 4 turbo kit during my winter break and im only gonna boost 6-9 lbs on the LS motor prolly when i finish high school im gonna try to drop in a GSR and go N/A

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
sounds like a good plan :tu:

sell me your old engine :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts