Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuckin A man just last night my fuckin car got stolen, right out of my fuckin driveway. THE car didnt even fuckin run, it didnt even have a motor in it.

Now do i tell the inusrance company i had all that shit in the car as well like the SAFC and stuff?

Im so pissed right now you guys have no idea.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
that sux man. sorry to hear that. you think they pushed it away or they might of used something to tow it away?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Jesus thats fucked...

Theives are getting rediculous these days, they need A LOT harsher punishment.
I just read another post where a RHD Teg got jacked at gunpoint in a drive way... fuckn outta control :mad:

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
don't tell them the engine was missing, and when it is recovered the engine was misteriously stolen while the car was gone

·
Registered
407 Posts
temp said:
don't tell them the engine was missing, and when it is recovered the engine was misteriously stolen while the car was gone
My thoughts exactly! afterall how often is a stolen honda or acura recovered with an engine?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
GPoodle said:
My thoughts exactly! afterall how often is a stolen honda or acura recovered with an engine?
my friends 5th gen coupe was stolen last year

parts taken:
intake, GSR rims, shift knob

parts left on car:
4-wheel 5 lug conversion
fully built b16 with RealTime ITR tranny
Apex'i N1 coilovers
SI-R gauge cluster and interior pieces
Sparo Torinos
CF hood

·
Registered
32 Posts
HA! I'd say 80% of the time, depending upon where you live, your engine will be gone. There are a lot of morons out there that take anything, as long as there is a market for "Honda Parts"...Think of all those 16 year old kids out in the suburbs who would get their parents to pay for a "VTEC"...even if it's my D16...(Think "Traffic" where he explains why drug sales are so prevalent in the ghetto...demand)

My stock LS got stolen, and literally the only thing left that had ANY value was the airbag...they even took two of the steelies...total rejects if you ask me...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
god damn that sux, every time i think of a stole civ i think of whats his names greenish blue hatch that got jacked like 3 times, i'd say put in a fuel pump kill, but well. . .u had no fucking engine

sorry dude

·
Banned
32 Posts
Furious98662 said:
Fuckin A man just last night my fuckin car got stolen, right out of my fuckin driveway. THE car didnt even fuckin run, it didnt even have a motor in it.

Now do i tell the inusrance company i had all that shit in the car as well like the SAFC and stuff?

Im so pissed right now you guys have no idea.
I cried for days.:eek: :p :eek: :D

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Re: Re: ITs a messed up world we live in

goatnipples2002 said:
I would tell you to do the same shit I did, My car was "stolen" (so they think) so I went to the shop and asked them for a bunch of receipts so I could give them to my insurance company. I "lost" $9,600 when I was done. Yeah my rate went up by like $23 so I dropped them and got a new company. Give me 3 years I'll do it again. Don't get caught, It's insurance fraud.

i hope you get caught

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
My condolences, I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me 4 years ago. It got found the same day but was stripped of anything valuable (and they removed everything violently) and then they put some steelies on it and crashed it! It was totalled and most of the mods didn't get paid for.

IF you get the car back and can prove you had that stuff you might get paid for it. IF the car gets totalled you might lose out. Since they don't assign higher blue book to a car just because of the mods, if it's totalled they will give you what the car is worth as a whole which is less than the sum of the parts you put into it.

I DO NOT CONDONE goatnipples' idiotic idea to fabricate claims and rip off your insurance company. Risk a lawsuit and jail time over some car parts? Yeah, that's really worth it. Not to mention it makes you just as much a thief as the loser who robbed you.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
klungemonger said:
My condolences, I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me 4 years ago. It got found the same day but was stripped of anything valuable (and they removed everything violently) and then they put some steelies on it and crashed it! It was totalled and most of the mods didn't get paid for.

IF you get the car back and can prove you had that stuff you might get paid for it. IF the car gets totalled you might lose out. Since they don't assign higher blue book to a car just because of the mods, if it's totalled they will give you what the car is worth as a whole which is less than the sum of the parts you put into it.

I DO NOT CONDONE goatnipples' idiotic idea to fabricate claims and rip off your insurance company. Risk a lawsuit and jail time over some car parts? Yeah, that's really worth it. Not to mention it makes you just as much a thief as the loser who robbed you.

i work in total loss, no insurance company uses a blue book to value a vehicle

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
temp said:
i work in total loss, no insurance company uses a blue book to value a vehicle
Pardon me. From my experience they use whatever they can find to devalue your vehicle so the payout is less. I called dealerships all over to get prices on what it would be to replace the car ( at AAA's request) and averaged them out. THey then proceeded to give me $1000 less than that. I still had to make payments on it after it was totalled. My point is whatever is used is not for the benefit of the customer.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.