Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic may have already been discussed a million times, so please take it easy on me here!! lol Ive got the brake lamp dash light curse!!! Ive scoured many forums and feel ive tried just about everything,but goddamn it I cant find the glitch in the matrix!! I just want that damn thing to go away. Ive replaced every bulb know to man, reset the ecu,blead the brakes, replaced the resivoir cap etc etc etc, can anyone out there please tell me something that they discovered that provided a final solution to this dash light dillema. If all the brake lamps are working than what else is there??!!! oh the ebrake is fine too,I checked that as well, please guys help a brother out:confused ::ninja:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah man Ive checked every switch pedel,ground etc and still this wont go out. mind you it is not the brake dash light but the brake lamp dash light all the way over to the far right. Ive replaced all buld front and back and the third brake light and still nothing!!! kinda lost on this one!! and all my ground wires are solid and connected!!! any thoughts?? lol:D

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
...pull the bulb man.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
mine stays on from the led tail lights, draws less amps, thats what triggers the light a lower current draw, a bulb out, so maybe you have a wiring issue

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
ive also had this issue, where the brake light will come on, but will only come on for a couple minutes and usually go away by itself. I notice this problem only occuring on cold days... and i mean very cold days. do you by chance live in a very cold area ?

http://www.preludeonline.com/f60/brake-light-console-comes-when-braking-258281/

this article leads me to believe that you might want to change the floater ? have u tried that yet ?
maybe its stuck ? bad floater ? causing it to make it look like the brake fluid is very low and registers the brake light to come on

the reason why i state that this occurs in the cold is even though the brake fluid has a high tolerance to freezing temp, the floater itself can get stuck during cold days... perhaps this might be the case. this also happens to me, and its only weather related

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks for the reply. I live in NH, so the temps here go from 100 in the summer to -10 in the winter sometimes, however the brake lamp dash light remains lit like the olympic torch- its on all the time!!! lol someone replied that it may be a voltage issue somewhere. I think Im going to have it back probed in detail when it gets warmer out. other than that the only thing I havent tried is perhaps an exorcism and some holy water.....!!! hehe If there is an easy way to pull the dash apart and remove the bulb I would, but it looks like fort knox up in that bitch!! lol I'll keep you posted, thanks ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts