Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a lot of controversy over this product and i just wanted to know.... the fake J`s racing intake is 80bux from a place online and i had a few ?`s about it.......

1)is this intake between a CAI and a SRI, because of the fact it is short, but it has a larger chamber so more intake velocity and air can build???

2)does anyone have it that has ABS, cause i heard u cant use it if u have ABS?????

P.S.- thnx in advance.....

·
Registered
632 Posts
r u talkin about that big habenyero pepper lookin thing?? if so i heard they work pretty good. but man just go with a cheapo bomz CAI off ebay they work really good, trust me i cruzed w/ a shorty for two years then switched to the CAI and i luv it.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
pwrdbykmfdm said:
r u talkin about that big habenyero pepper lookin thing?? if so i heard they work pretty good. but man just go with a cheapo bomz CAI off ebay they work really good, trust me i cruzed w/ a shorty for two years then switched to the CAI and i luv it.
did u ever buy a bypass valve for it yet?

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
gurusan has a fake j's racing intake, im pretty sure he is happy with it

·
Registered
632 Posts
asianpride559 said:
did u ever buy a bypass valve for it yet?
nope not yet but i def will soon come esp b4 the rainy season hits.
so i prob will in the next month or so...better safe than sorry and out $500 lol.

·
Registered
478 Posts
you have to be a moron to hydro lock your motor.

its a sham(no one beleives me) look at who sells these bypass things tho... the intake companies..

at any rate the fake j's vs j's pipe is like comparing an apple to an award winning show apple.

it will do the same job of alowing the air to slow and gain back some of its pressure at the throttle plate where its most desireable.

J's or fake J's make the basis for a decent pipe.

the filter still sucks like all "intake kits" however.

·
Registered
57 Posts
4dr said:
you have to be a moron to hydro lock your motor.

its a sham(no one beleives me) look at who sells these bypass things tho... the intake companies..

at any rate the fake j's vs j's pipe is like comparing an apple to an award winning show apple.

it will do the same job of alowing the air to slow and gain back some of its pressure at the throttle plate where its most desireable.

J's or fake J's make the basis for a decent pipe.

the filter still sucks like all "intake kits" however.
Hey u get that bypass yo ! LOL :lmao

·
Registered
57 Posts
wm remember the eg 's exposed filter ...... that shit was getting a constant water flow from the tire.... steamed cleaned the engine lol :clap damn good thing i didnt buy that POS aem ! funny we dont even use aftermarket intakes anymore LOL :w00t OEM parts gotta luv em :w00t :w00t :w00t :clap

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thnx bro(s)... i appriciate it... but i still cant find out that if u have the ABS system can u still use this intake... cause where the filter ends might be in the way or to closed to the Air Filter

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
r u just saying to get it or something, i dont understand what the picture means...

·
Registered
478 Posts
naw im not tellin anyone to get anything.

just posted it for kenny(norcal4dr)

its just something that we (me and him) do(use stock intakes) on the cars whenever we have a chance.

that is the new pipe for the 4dr. 3" D series OEM perfect fit air intake pipe. thats all.

=)

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I have the fake J's intake and I love it.

I had an AEM Cold air before and the AEM was a piece of crap.

However you're right, I heard it won't fit with ABS.

And I kinda think the air is colder than most CAI''s because it's made of ABS plastic and it takes air from the very corner of the engine bay, right behind the pass. headlight

·
Registered
494 Posts
where did u get ur Fake J's? The only place i can find is Topspeedauto.com but they are ugly colors and dont look to be exactly a replica...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that thing looks soooo clean.....

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I got one of the ugly colored ones from sportcompactonline.com

I just can't bring myself to spend more than about 60-80 bucks on an intake....

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
on that page it says ABS and NON-ABS systems available... but i was looking at the way it is mounted in ur civic and it looks like it would clear the ABS box... i mean it isnt that big....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts