Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come preludes are never mentioned in japan and related articles? DO PRELUDES SIMPLY SUCK. i believe not. i think preludes are bad ass beside the fact that they may be a llittle heavy. does anyone know of any awsome web sites that feature j-spec preludes? i feel like trading in my ride for a silvia/integra/supra>>>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, if I was in Japan, I think I'd rather get a Lancer Evo or a Silvia. They don't really cost a lot more than a lude...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I think most tuners in japan would rather mod a car that comes turboed stock like supras,rx7,silvias,skylines,wrx,etc plus we dont get that many horses from boltons unlike turboed cars u can just bolton an exhaust and downpipe and gain like 10 horses

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hustler904 said:
I think most tuners in japan would rather mod a car that comes turboed stock like supras,rx7,silvias,skylines,wrx,etc plus we dont get that many horses from boltons unlike turboed cars u can just bolton an exhaust and downpipe and gain like 10 horses
supras gain upwards of 30 hp with a downpipe and exhaust. it actually raises boost by 1-2 lbs. in cold climates, you'll even hit the boost cutoff with just these two mods.

www.suprastore.com

·
Registered
897 Posts
a69star said:
supras gain upwards of 40 hp with a downpipe and exhaust. it actually raises boost by 1-2 lbs. in cold climates, you'll even hit the boost cutoff with just these two mods.

www.suprastore.com
"We would recommend the purchase of a downpipe (they are all equal in regards to performance from brand-to-brand) and after market cat-back exhaust (all our Supra exhausts are cat-back). These two combined will free up the exhaust restrictions of a turbo car significantly, help spool up the turbos quicker with the elimination of the pre and main cat and add couple lbs of boost. These mods will yield approximately 45-55HP alone and have your car running right around 13-15 psi in cooler weather. It is possible in cooler climates that with these two initial modifications you may hit "boost-cut."-suprastore

A supercharger on the v6 accord adds about that much power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts