Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·










-----Translation--------------

Due to the fact that the NSX R GT is a race car based type:

1) lowered stanced induced by lower approach angle there is a possibility that the lower skirt may get damaged

2) There is no toe hook on this model

Please let customers know these two facts.

How to order

Currently all NSX orders are placed Via fax and handled through Honda CS Sales division. The SPECIAL LIMITED PRODUCTION NSX R GT (5 units) will be handled in the same way.

General public order time frame

2/22/05 9am to 3/22/05 19:00 pm

Producation start date

04M NSX R GT will start production in August.


-----------End of translation------------
Kaz, nsxprime

someone reported:
The NSX-R GT Brochure...

- Only 5 units to be manufactured
- 50 million Yen each
- JGTC spec wide body
- Turbocharged engine (so probably around 500hp)

i am not 100% sure on the turbo though. i need to see the spec page of the brochure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
is that the air intake on the roof?
it looks a lil bit odd but it makes the whole vehicle look tight... :clap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,405 Posts
Hprelude92 said:
is that the air intake on the roof?
it looks a lil bit odd but it makes the whole vehicle look tight... :clap
It does look a bit odd. You can't see out a good portion of the rear window. But the car as a whole sounds good. Especially the 500hp and turbocharging part if that turns out to be true.
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,366 Posts
that airscoop will really help cool things down back there. some of the mr2 turbos have them, but it's kinda sideways. the rear window of the nsx is pretty huge compared to a del sol, so it shouldn't be much of a nuissance.....but hey, 50,000,000yen ~ $500,000 :eek

you could probably build an nsx-r gt for much cheaper on your own ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,403 Posts
...i want it--now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,144 Posts
I'm thinking this is fake... the pics are so obviously photochops it's ridiculous.
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,366 Posts
White98LS said:
I'm thinking this is fake... the pics are so obviously photochops it's ridiculous.
of course it's photoshopped.....every brochure that goes out is photoshopped in some way or another :)

i wouldn't doubt that this could be real....kind of like a special edition nsx-r :hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
that airscoop will really help cool things down back there. some of the mr2 turbos have them, but it's kinda sideways. the rear window of the nsx is pretty huge compared to a del sol, so it shouldn't be much of a nuissance.....but hey, 50,000,000yen ~ $500,000 :eek

you could probably build an nsx-r gt for much cheaper on your own ;)
you can buy 5 NSX-R for one of this GT version.
but this is limited to 5 production run. so if you arent a collector or is concerned about money, i dont think you should get it. :p

the top is the intake. this car is suppose to be the streetable version of the JGTC car.

here is one of the JGTC car
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,366 Posts
yeah, there is an NSX-R and the new NSX-R GT which is like a special edition of the NSX-R,. get it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,681 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
yeah, there is an NSX-R and the new NSX-R GT which is like a special edition of the NSX-R,. get it?
no. :( also i just notice the license plates say nsx-r; why not nsx-r gt? i dunno but i refuse to believe it. and dont get me wrong, im not trying to 'shoot the messenger' but its kinda hard to believe honda would do such a thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
AccordDriver92 said:
god they are hurtin for sales on that car!!!
they want to boost up the image of the NSX as it's underpowered comparing to any other supercar nowaday...
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top