Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

-----Translation--------------

Due to the fact that the NSX R GT is a race car based type:

1) lowered stanced induced by lower approach angle there is a possibility that the lower skirt may get damaged

2) There is no toe hook on this model

Please let customers know these two facts.

How to order

Currently all NSX orders are placed Via fax and handled through Honda CS Sales division. The SPECIAL LIMITED PRODUCTION NSX R GT (5 units) will be handled in the same way.

General public order time frame

2/22/05 9am to 3/22/05 19:00 pm

Producation start date

04M NSX R GT will start production in August.

-----------End of translation------------
Kaz, nsxprime

someone reported:
The NSX-R GT Brochure...

- Only 5 units to be manufactured
- 50 million Yen each
- JGTC spec wide body
- Turbocharged engine (so probably around 500hp)

i am not 100% sure on the turbo though. i need to see the spec page of the brochure.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
is that the air intake on the roof?
it looks a lil bit odd but it makes the whole vehicle look tight... :clap

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Hprelude92 said:
is that the air intake on the roof?
it looks a lil bit odd but it makes the whole vehicle look tight... :clap
It does look a bit odd. You can't see out a good portion of the rear window. But the car as a whole sounds good. Especially the 500hp and turbocharging part if that turns out to be true.

·
Registered
974 Posts
the intake looks like the bottom part is make of clear pastic or glass. not saying it isnt a chop, i drive a del sol and in 2 seaters even 3 inches across the rear window really hampers driving.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Reminds me of the dying Lamborghini Countach. In its later model years, they slapped on a bunch of air scoops and side skirts.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
that airscoop will really help cool things down back there. some of the mr2 turbos have them, but it's kinda sideways. the rear window of the nsx is pretty huge compared to a del sol, so it shouldn't be much of a nuissance.....but hey, 50,000,000yen ~ $500,000 :eek

you could probably build an nsx-r gt for much cheaper on your own ;)

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
...i want it--now

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
I'm thinking this is fake... the pics are so obviously photochops it's ridiculous.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
White98LS said:
I'm thinking this is fake... the pics are so obviously photochops it's ridiculous.
of course it's photoshopped.....every brochure that goes out is photoshopped in some way or another :)

i wouldn't doubt that this could be real....kind of like a special edition nsx-r :hehe

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UltraMagneticAL said:
that airscoop will really help cool things down back there. some of the mr2 turbos have them, but it's kinda sideways. the rear window of the nsx is pretty huge compared to a del sol, so it shouldn't be much of a nuissance.....but hey, 50,000,000yen ~ $500,000 :eek

you could probably build an nsx-r gt for much cheaper on your own ;)
you can buy 5 NSX-R for one of this GT version.
but this is limited to 5 production run. so if you arent a collector or is concerned about money, i dont think you should get it. :p

the top is the intake. this car is suppose to be the streetable version of the JGTC car.

here is one of the JGTC car

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
as real as that picture is, i still think the nsx-r gt is fake because im sure that ive seen the real pictures of the nsx-r and its the unchopped version of those.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
yeah, there is an NSX-R and the new NSX-R GT which is like a special edition of the NSX-R,. get it?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
yeah, there is an NSX-R and the new NSX-R GT which is like a special edition of the NSX-R,. get it?
no. :( also i just notice the license plates say nsx-r; why not nsx-r gt? i dunno but i refuse to believe it. and dont get me wrong, im not trying to 'shoot the messenger' but its kinda hard to believe honda would do such a thing.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
AccordDriver92 said:
god they are hurtin for sales on that car!!!
they want to boost up the image of the NSX as it's underpowered comparing to any other supercar nowaday...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
there's already an NSX GT in GT4, looks like new nsx, but just with JGTC wide-body kit(air scoop on roof and all) and painted a silver color. but thats just a game, lol

·
Registered
849 Posts
they made the damn thing outta carbon fiber..BUT THEY COULDN"T UPGRADE THE DAMN ENGINE!! WTF!! added a GHETTO looking intake and larger exhaust tips. ban they've gone loco.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts