Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I can use the search function but I haven't been able to find anything that is really usefull.

The JDM 1-Pieces are on the way and I need to know how to wire them in. A diagram would be great if anyone has it.

E-Bay Auction said that they come with Headlight, Bulbs, and a section of JDM harness. I have a soldering iron so I'm pretty sure that I'm good to go. Just need to be sure of what I'm doing.

Do they behave any differently than the USDM versions? I heard something about city lights. Is it still single bulb low beams and double bulb hight beams?

Any help would be appreciated because I want to get these suckers in the night they get here... I've wanted em for a while 222.53 on E-Bay! WOOT!

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright... I KNOW some of you guys have these headlights... what's the deal... HAHA.

If you give me wiring diagrams I'll write up a step by step install with pictures for the FAQ section.... just sayin... haha

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Did not know 4th gen had city lights!

Are they using the same type of bulbs? If so cant you just use your old wiers! If not just extened them only two wires per. buld!

Cant be that hard! It's just lights

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
USDM's do not have daytime running lights. if i were you i'd use the USDM harnesses in the JDM lights, i'm pretty sure you can. the wiring is a bitch. if you do need the diagrams etc, let me know, i'm too lazy to dig it up.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
all i did was cut the wires on the USDM harness and solder em up...works fine.
i dont know if there is another way to do it but, they worked so i left them alone, this was 2 years ago now....
man my car is ghetto rigged..... :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have the wiring diagram that would be bad ass.

I heard something about city lights having to be on an extra switch and having to use a relay or some crap like that. I'll probably just wire em up without the city lights.

I don't think you can use the USDM harness in the JDM headlights because the bulbs in the JDM black housings are H1 and H4... The headlights come with a small piece of the JDM harness so I can splice the USDM one in.

Anyone know where I can just get an adapter harness or something so I don't have to cut my factory harnesses?

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoa... check this out www.absolute prelude.com/4thgenjdmheadlights.html

take out the space... I think I'll just have the body shop do that for me when they fix my bumper... hahahaha.

I'll do a Tein Basic Coilover/RS*R ExMag writeup this spring... I'm not gonna do it myself when they're going to be taking off the bumper anyway... insurance is paying for it all! haha

~Peace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts