Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i neei info on this engine 92 sohc zc jdm spec

and if it is install like the d16z6

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just a little fyi for ya a ZC engine is a DOHC.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
jes a little info for you jinu.....the ZC came both in SOHC and DOHC configurations

http://asia.vtec.net/topics/zc.html

for the sohc zc daniel....itll be like installing a d16a6 as far as i know. the only thing im unsure of is since its a 92 motor it could be obd1. i know `the sohc zc was made up to 93 as far as i know. i could be wrong.

·
Registered
387 Posts
My bad. Guess I got to do my homework:D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
yeh itll be obd1 so ur distributer wont line up like teh y8 would ud need to convert or rig it up....i wouldnt even get a sohc zc or anyt zc for that matter waste of money IMO when u can save for a stock b16a and even with teh headers and lil shit u do to the zc ull end up with less power for the money with a zc if u just need a motor get a d16a6 from someone here or where ever for cheap untl u can save up for a b16 or something else better than a zc POS

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
a sohc zc is the same as his stock motor its worthless i posted info about it and ill post what i want....

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
actually u r wrong have u ever seen a sohc zc piston??? they are the same heads are the same so hp would be the same if it was run on a pm6 and had a catyltic converter.....no emissions in japan so u cna have a lil more hp outa the same motor if u change to no cat and a diff fuel map

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
the cam doesnt make much of a diference maybe 1-2 hp at most not worth buying IMO....not worth buying a a6 cam for a d15b1 either if u want to buy a cam then buy an aftermarket one that will gain 15 hp not 1-2

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea the cam is more agressive ..But either way I would not bet money on either motor to win in an all out battle it would be close. How did you guys get so off subject anyways :confused:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
if you get a d-series motor.....get a dohc zc, d16z6, jdm D15B, or d16y8

·
Registered
850 Posts
jdmb18hatch said:
the cam doesnt make much of a diference maybe 1-2 hp at most not worth buying IMO....not worth buying a a6 cam for a d15b1 either if u want to buy a cam then buy an aftermarket one that will gain 15 hp not 1-2
know where i can get cams for my d15b ? and know the head combustioon chamber specs and if a6 pistons can fit ?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
cams for a d15b well there is only one cam in a d15b and i would think its the same as the z6 cam but duno for sure its the d15b sohc vtec correct

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
well if you are talking about a d15b 88-91 civic/crx dx motor then i suppose you can use aftermarket cams that are made for a d16a6

only cams i know for the d15b are for the jdm d15b where you can use cams from the d16z6 since they both have the same head.

·
Registered
850 Posts
PSIKOTICsi said:
well if you are talking about a d15b 88-91 civic/crx dx motor then i suppose you can use aftermarket cams that are made for a d16a6

only cams i know for the d15b are for the jdm d15b where you can use cams from the d16z6 since they both have the same head.

but d15b jdm sohc vtec is a 1.5 and ex is a 1.6, head the same

1 - 19 of 19 Posts