Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
so all it comes with is the engine and trans? that's an ok deal. i dunno about you, but i'm always skeptical about buying things like that off of ebay. expecially engines. just my .02

·
Registered
387 Posts
Get a shipping quote before you buy.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
it doesnt even show a pic of the engine code :confused but it does look like a b18b. I guess its not bad.
"Excellent Product/Price, Perhaps the BEST EBAY COMPANY I've dealth with"
"A+++ Very Satisified with the motor and parts I have purchased more than once."

thats some of his feed back.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet, im going to need a new engine soon so i figure go big or go home. id really like to find another LS non vtec.i dunno why but i like the way it feels better than my friends GSR. im thinking its all in the tranny. but a buddy of mine has a full GSR,tranny, wiring, ecu all the goodies needed for the swap for like 4k installed. would it be possible to put my LS tranny on the gsr? or would it really be 2 much trouble like redrilling mounting holes, custom made axle for 1 side stuff like that

·
Registered
342 Posts
No need to drill. Straight swap. However, when people get the chance, they usually go for the gsr, of type r if they can... the LS tranny is known for its turbo applications.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx for the info, ill give u a rep for that. i love the feeling of the ls tranny, me and a buddy swapped one off a ls 2nd gen onto his 2nd gen lude, bad ass. ive been doing alot of research on here trying to figure out if i wanna go turbo or na. i love the na for braging rights and plus u get a better feel for ur car with a little less matainance. i did a search and couldnt find this...how are peoples turbo set-ups through cold weather? does it take longer to warm up? is there a risk of the oil or the ball bearing freezing up on me? cuz this is my daily driver and i can afford a winter beater. im thinking about just leaving the body shitty and dumping a load of cash under the hood. total suprise when it rolls to the track.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nah i havent done ne research on which engine i want yet, i was just asking if that was real and a decent price so i know about what to expect and not get stiffed. ne1 here in florida looking for a parts car cheap? no title 94 integra

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
that motor looks bare to me. and they dont mention anything about accessories. i dont see a crank pulley, alternator, exhaust/intake manifold etc.
you might want to email them and ask them whats going on.

but why would you want a jdm b18b when you can find plenty of USDM's.
god knows if anyone ever changed the oil in that motor or how bad they tread it. personally if i knew that if the government made me change my motors every 30k miles i wouldnt give a crap about it.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
in japan you have to change your motor once it reaches 30k miles or so.
thats the law.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have a friend of mine that has a B17A1 out of a 93 GSR that he might be selling, needs a clutch and new head gasket.........i'll find out more if anyone wants to know pm me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts