Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new on here. I'm not new to cars but I am a noob when it comes to asian cars. I have a 97 supercharged bonneville which i'm gettin rid of soon. I'm thinking of getting a 94 integra (RS or similar 2 door, 5 speed model) and putting a JDM B18C TYPE-R OBD2 Dohc Vtec 1.8L 16 Valve 200 hp engine and 5-speed LSD Tranny in it (The bonneville has 245 hp and I don't wanna go down too much in HP). I already did searches on here but I couldn't find a straight answer. What I need to know is, how hard is this? Is it a direct swap or do I need different engine mounts? The swap comes with:

Engine
Transmission 5-Speed LSD
ECU
Harness
Disterbutor
Alternator
Starter
A/C Compresser
Power Steering Pump
Intake Manifold
Exhaust Manifold
All Sensors
Half Shaft
Down Pipe
Throttle Body
Shfit Linkage
Motor Mounts
Clutch
Fly Wheel
Pressure Plate

As you guessed it, its off of ebay. I have a budget of $8000 within which I have to get the car running. I need a complete swap guide. I know all about the engine and what not, just cant find a good guide that would help me. Somebody Please help this NOOB :( . Thank you in advance for ur advices.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I don't know how much it will cost to get the Ebay motor, but the best place to buy is Hmotorsonline.com. They are the cheapest and alot of people on SHO bought their engine there. A low mileage Type R motor + tranny is $4,000 and it comes up with a start-up guarantee.
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30010

I think it comes with everything you need and isntallation should be easy. Another option is to have everything done at an import shop. Here in So Cal, Hookups Import-tek charges less than what it would cost to buy the engine from Hmotorsonline and have another shop install it. Hookups also has a lifetime warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.