Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to buy a carbon fiber hood and front lip for my car. From what I understand, the fiberimages hoods and bodykits NW hoods are very good. Anyone have any input. Im looking for the best hood as far as fitement and quality, at a reasonable price. I also want a carbon fiber front lip for my car. THANKS!!!
-Will

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i've heard lots of good things about VIS's carbon fiber hoods. check em out they might be cheaper than fiber images. ask VIS if they have the carbon fiber lip also -- they might have one or know of someone who's selling them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Fiberimages, VIS, and Benen all good products. I would look into a groupbuy so you can get a better price on any of those products.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive heard good and bad things about VIS. There is a group buy for VIS hoods i saw, but I heard they weren't all that great. I would like Benen, but it is very expensive. Thanks for the input guys. Ill look into it.

-Will

·
Registered
201 Posts
everyone i have talked to that has gotten a vishood always says that its ok. I mean no one ever wants to say that what they spent 500 bucks on is shit. Anyways vis used to have there hoods made by sunny shining. but now they make there own. I always here yeah it fits almost perfect or there are little inperfectons in it. I just got a fiber image hood and it is great. The only thing I have heard that is better is benen and spoon. both are going to cost you around 700 to 800.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Integra707 said:
I wanted to buy a carbon fiber hood and front lip for my car. From what I understand, the fiberimages hoods and bodykits NW hoods are very good. Anyone have any input. Im looking for the best hood as far as fitement and quality, at a reasonable price. I also want a carbon fiber front lip for my car. THANKS!!!
-Will
download fiberimages move there hoods are fucking strong they drop a wheel on it and run it over and it bearly scatchs. and i've seen you car around and i don't know about a carbon fiber lip on it i don't think it would look right but fiber images also makes a good oh wait never mind it will fit only my hatch. check out benen also there very strong.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Knives said:
everyone i have talked to that has gotten a vishood always says that its ok. I mean no one ever wants to say that what they spent 500 bucks on is shit. Anyways vis used to have there hoods made by sunny shining. but now they make there own. I always here yeah it fits almost perfect or there are little inperfectons in it. I just got a fiber image hood and it is great. The only thing I have heard that is better is benen and spoon. both are going to cost you around 700 to 800.
spoon will cost you like 1200

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... Spoon hoods don't look nice. To be honest one of the reasons in buying the hood is for looks. Spoon hoods are KNOWN for imperfections in the hood, its just they are very good for performance. I am thinking about going with a spoon lip, but still not sure.......And I had someone photoshop the CF front lip and hood on my car, and I think it looks awesome.
Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Integra707 said:
... Spoon hoods don't look nice. To be honest one of the reasons in buying the hood is for looks. Spoon hoods are KNOWN for imperfections in the hood, its just they are very good for performance. I am thinking about going with a spoon lip, but still not sure.......And I had someone photoshop the CF front lip and hood on my car, and I think it looks awesome.
Thanks.
they don't look nice? have you even seen one? I have seen 3 civics with REAL spoon hoods and they were PERFECT. Not one ding or imperfection with them.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Damn I wish I was still in Japan so I could try to hook you guys up. Not sure what the average cost of a Spoon hood in the states is, but I could have gotten one for about $800 when I was back there. I've never actually seen one though except for in the catalog, unless I saw one at a car show and didn't know it was Spoon. I'm thinking about getting a Fiber Images one. I'm waiting though because they're having a new style come out next month and I wanna see what it looks like first.
I've heard the same thing about VIS too. I've heard that they're not really that good, and that their customer service isn't the best, but lately all the posts I've been reading about them make them sound great, so I don't know:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts