Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, guys i have 98 civic lx. i want to make jdm for most parts of it. so i was wondering if anybody know if 99 ex front bumper would fit in 98 lx. b/c lx front bumper doesnt come with those two holes in front....also where i can get it thanks

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
First, the word you're looking for is "conversion." (At least I hope so) :)

Second, no the 99-00 bumper will not fit on your 98.. In order for it to fit, you'd need to replace the bumper, grill, hood, fenders and headlights all from a 99-00 Civic..

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 95 Civic HB, if I were to get bumper, grill, hood, fenders and headlights all from a 99-00 Civic, would it take a lot of work to put it all on my car?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Scarface said:
I have a 95 Civic HB, if I were to get bumper, grill, hood, fenders and headlights all from a 99-00 Civic, would it take a lot of work to put it all on my car?
Yup.

You need to cut your 92-95 fenders in half, and the 99-00 fenders in half (I'm pretty sure this applies for your car) and then you have to weld half of yours and half of the new one together so everything lines up.. I have no idea about mounting the headlights and all that other stuff..

·
Registered
300 Posts
hondaspeed said:
ok, guys i have 98 civic lx. i want to make jdm for most parts of it. so i was wondering if anybody know if 99 ex front bumper would fit in 98 lx. b/c lx front bumper doesnt come with those two holes in front....also where i can get it thanks
if u really like that style front end w/ the two brake vents.. look at getting a Cwest front bumper.. it's a lil more money but it kind of looks like OEM 99-00 front bumper except a little more stylish :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
for headlights and bumpers, you need the 99-00 radiator support switched out for yours... then the fenders like 97CIVICcoupe said... then it all needs to be fitted to work out the gaps

·
Registered
727 Posts
just chillin said:
just for the record the 96-00 radiator support is the all the same.
Sorry, i just did a front end conversion on a 98 to a 99 front end. It's not the same. It LOOKS the same, but it's not. Mounting brackets are different, bumper brackets are different, and also the headlight brackets are different.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Vietsol said:
Sorry, i just did a front end conversion on a 98 to a 99 front end. It's not the same. It LOOKS the same, but it's not. Mounting brackets are different, bumper brackets are different, and also the headlight brackets are different.
maybe they're its a little different, but it works fine. ive talked to several people on the web who've done the conversion without changing the support. the only thing you'd have to modify would be the little bumps on the bumper reinforcement on the top sides, you'd have to cut those out or hammer them down or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.