Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a JDM CRX shell. i'll take the car if needed but i would rather just have the shell. as long as its right hand drive. if anyone knows where to look for these and how much they cost that would be a big help. thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know someone that can get one imported if not he'll sell you a clip so you can do the RHD conversion or he can do it for you....... I dont think anyone has a true JDM crx layin around so your best bet would be to do the RHD conversion. plus if you do the conversion it will still be legal as an american car.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Yeah but doing a RHD conversion yourself is risky. You risk sacrificing the integrity of the car....if you wanna do the conversion I seriously suggest you find a shop that has EXTENSIVE experience doing something like this. It can be done if you have the entire front clip(which I have) but I just dont think its worth it. There is always that "what if" factor ....what if something isnt cut right? What if something doesnt line up? What if it ruins the car beyond repair? Its a one time shot kinda thing.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know a guy in Greenville SC that does it out of his shop ive ridden in the 240's that hes dont right hand drive conversions to i have a friend that had him do it and he has never had a problem with it and he does a good job to he a good friend

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
imo, a rhd conversion is POINTLESS for the amount of money you'll be spending. then again, i like going fast and would MUCH RATHER spend that money on building a motor.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
JesseCRX = Phan fanboy :)

Phan, where would you recommend me to buy JDM folding mirrors?? You obviously know where to get JDM parts so that's why I am asking you for a safe reliable source. I'd go to Hmotors but Steve is always hella busy to stop and find parts for me.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
my friend randy might be selling a set of his...

he's upped his collection to: ef8, da6, ef9; all real rhd. you guys may have seen his post on h-t. regardless, he's got vision mirrors on the cr-x and might be doing the same to the ef9, so i'll see if he's willing to sell a set. i still have my set, too, which i'm thinking about selling. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts