Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
u'll have to check with ur local DMV. the JDM engines don't have the VIN # that the US recognizes. u can make it pass the emissions by making sure that the emission parts are intact and are working. if u live in California, u'll definately fail the "visual" inspection. they might even confiscate ur vehicle since the engine doesn't match any numbers from their databank.

in some states, DMV doesn't even require any visual inspection or smog certificates. in Carson City, NV as long as ur car is registered, all u need to do is pay the yearly fees -- that's it! none of that smog stuff. i'm not sure if it's the same in New Jersey tho.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
skidtron89 said:
Not entirely true the engine still belongs to a "recognized" engine family the B18 family and meets a "known configuration" If you work closely with the ref and you aren't a dick then the engine could be legalized. You are going to need some kind of proof of what engine it is in the US though.
i was talking about the VIN # issue. the block numbers are still indentifiable, of course.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i just had my local machine shop do it for me. it's pretty straight-forward. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.