Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have 93 lude si 4ws engine is dead
This guy tells me that I can drop in This f22 DOHC and everything will fit right, no mods, and all my h23a goodies will work (i.e.,headers,camgears,pistons, etc.)

Is this true or is he just trying to sell me an engine?

· Registered
24 Posts
The F22A is a sinle cam moter. It is the one that comes in the 4th gen Prelude S base model and older accords. I think it has like 135 Hp. How much is he trying to get for this motor? You could go to www.hondamotorsonline.com and get a JDM H22A long block for like 1200.00$ I promise you it is much better thatn the F22A. With this set up you could use your old tranny and cut down on the price a little. However, if you do go this route you will have to purchase a new ECU and I think a new headder also. I hop I helped a little!

· Registered
2,076 Posts
cr2501129 said:
The F22A is a sinle cam moter. It is the one that comes in the 4th gen Prelude S base model and older accords. I think it has like 135 Hp. How much is he trying to get for this motor? You could go to www.hondamotorsonline.com and get a JDM H22A long block for like 1200.00$ I promise you it is much better thatn the F22A. With this set up you could use your old tranny and cut down on the price a little. However, if you do go this route you will have to purchase a new ECU and I think a new headder also. I hop I helped a little!
He is referring to the F22B, which is DOHC, and has 160hp, and around 150tq.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay the price for this motor is $650 w/tranny and misc parts like alternator pwr steering pump....sometimes.

Also he told that only usdm motors use the a or b after the code.
I am aware of the sohc prelude s motor that you are talking about. but I've actually seen this motor and it is a dohc.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
honda sport you are right
sorry

anyway the reason iwanted to know was i want to build the motor up and was wondering can i order the rods and valves and cams just as easy??

are they interchangeable? between the f and the h?

· Registered
908 Posts
ok ive been threw around 3 f22b motors now 2 of which i sent back to tiger japenese cuz they were under warranty and the 3rd because i threw a turbo and ran 14psi on a STOCK engine with no tune oh well just for fun. BUT do Not go to a f22a single cam. ull be very disapoined the f22b is just as cheap and is a stronger more powerfull motor with iron sleeved from the factory. the only downfall is the f22b DOHC does not have a knock sensor which the h23 will retard then timing and throw a knock sensor code and cause the car to have a Massive hesitation. BUT to cure this problem its simple u pay 165 bucks for a phearable computer for this motor and u get launch controll and more performance from this. this motor is strong i tore my 3rd apart and built it for turbo and is now turbo only downfall i blew 2 turbos dont ask me but anyway thats the story on this motor so i recomend going with a f22b great motor.

· Registered
94 Posts
why are you guys switching out your h23s for the weaker f22? why not just get a jdm h23 or spend a little more for a jdm h22?? :confused but i have also been down this road before with one of my friends and the motors are almost identical except for the fact that the a is single cam compared to the dual b and your original motor

· Registered
908 Posts
well the f22B he is talking about is a JDM f22b that is dohc and has the same performance of a h23 just is more redily avalible and a jdm is pretty non existant becuz in japan they used the f22b in the place of what we use here in the us the h23a. so f22b dohc jdm motor is the way to go there more avalible and much cheaper.

· Registered
4 Posts
ITS A GO

Okay I have 93 lude si 4ws engine is dead
This guy tells me that I can drop in This f22 DOHC and everything will fit right, no mods, and all my h23a goodies will work (i.e.,headers,camgears,pistons, etc.)

Is this true or is he just trying to sell me an engine?
HES TELLIN THE TRUTH I BLEW MY H23 IN MY 92 LUDE AND DROPPRED AN F22 DOHC RITE IN NO PROBLEMS. YOUR HEADERS WONT FIT THO.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
i have the same problem
93 lude si with a dead h23a
im replacing it with a f22a wich is the single cam
will it work
Start a new thread please

OP, you got a drop in, Im no H series guru, but I would check and see if the ECU from your car will run that motor. 650 bucks seems liek a good deal to me though, I see lots of H swaps going over a grand, but that might be pricing for a full swap into a civic :dunno: I do know lots if not all your parts will bolt on. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.