Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

JDM Front-End... Metal vs. Fiber Glass

670 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  NightRider-gsR 
#1 ·
I just wanted to hear peoples pro's and con's on the JDM Front-End Conversion.. Metal vs. Fiber Glass. I was think'n of getting the conversion for my car, and for some reason always wanted OEM Metal Conversion. I always thought it was better. Well I was think'n Im not going to enter in shows to win win win. Maybe just for fun, and its not that big of a deal to me. I mean fiber glass is cheaper. Do any of you know the downside to fiber glass??? I havent heard much, so your opinions are helpful. So Metal or Fiberglass... and remember, Im just doing it for daily driving around nice, not show nice.. Thanks--

#4 ·
i have the fibergalss front end. i've had it for about 5 years now with no problems. they're right about getting into a front end accident...but then again, even with a metal conversion u'll be screwed too if u hit something really hard. u also might have some fitment problems depending on how good the fiberglass product turned out -- nothing ur local body shop can't fix.

if u can find a good deal on the metal ones, then i'd say go for it.

#8 ·
they're 18" tenzo rs5's in gunmetal grey. they were stolen with my car though right in front of my apartment a month ago ---- i ordered a new set and waiting for my 5ZR corpse in matte black (only set ever produced) made by 5zigen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.