Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JDM H22 in my 93 accord and out of no where the idle started surging. A week later it threw a check engine light. The code was for the CTS ( coolant temp. sensor ) so i changed it out ( the one under the distributor cap ) and it still gives me the same code. i have tested the IAC valve and check all vacuum lines, along with the TPS sensor and i have check the ECU! i cant find any leaks on the intake manifold but i plugged up the 2 holes on the inside of the throttle body and the idle smoothed back out! any help out there? or anyone have similar problems?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i havent but i will check the wiring and see if that works but in the mean time if there are any other ideas throw them at me

·
Registered
866 Posts
Two things I can think of.

1. First of all, check your coolant level. Next you might have to bleed your coolant. Air bubbles can form and stay around the sensor and that could throw a CEL.

2. Remove your throttle body and remove the IACV. There should be a screen inside that can get congested. Clean that out and see what happens.

·
Registered
665 Posts
yes. def clean that screen out and check your wiring harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts