Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been hearign that the jdm h22's , the vtec pulls so much harder then the usdm h22. can anyone explain y this is? is it the valvetrain?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
ive heard that also, but its only been from people who had a h23 and did a swap so its hard to tell. the 220hp jdm h22a would

·
Registered
571 Posts
jdm pulls harder

man "she pulls like a [email protected]#cht" that was the quote after the shop got thru installing my JDM H22a into my prelude -- they do pull harder but they have more compression, better components, and more horsepower --- most japan spec engines are a lot better than there us counterparts cause here they are made more for fuel economy not horsepower

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
ah22aselude said:
man "she pulls like a [email protected]#cht" that was the quote after the shop got thru installing my JDM H22a into my prelude -- they do pull harder but they have more compression, better components, and more horsepower --- most japan spec engines are a lot better than there us counterparts cause here they are made more for fuel economy not horsepower
the only difference in JDM and USDM engines are.....

NOthing, they are exactly the same. what makes them different is the gearing.

·
Registered
571 Posts
98Vtec said:
the only difference in JDM and USDM engines are.....

NOthing, they are exactly the same. what makes them different is the gearing.
Ok you need to work on your honda knowledge the following is a list of the known differences between a h22a1 (USDM) and a J-spec H22a
1. compression ratio 10.1:1 us models 10.6: 1 jspec models
2. ecu is programmed to work with octanes up to 103
3. rated at 200ps or 198hp usdm h22as for the same year (4th gen) rated at 190/195
4. bigger fuel injectors
just to name a few -- looks like a little more than gearing to me ,.,

·
Registered
910 Posts
... im pretty sure all thats diffrent is comp. ratio... ive had both and done lots of work on both and have never had any problems interchanging ecus and injectors, nor with anything else... i felt very very little power change between my usdm and my jdm engines... just got it for the blingin ass mad tyte J SPEC dawg lol

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Ya so just imagine how hard a usdm with forged internals at 11.5 to 1 pulls with a fully built head over a stock head!!!! :clap Oh wait I forgot I don't have to imagine!!!!! :rolleyes

·
Registered
787 Posts
ah22aselude said:
Ok you need to work on your honda knowledge the following is a list of the known differences between a h22a1 (USDM) and a J-spec H22a
1. compression ratio 10.1:1 us models 10.6: 1 jspec models
2. ecu is programmed to work with octanes up to 103
3. rated at 200ps or 198hp usdm h22as for the same year (4th gen) rated at 190/195
4. bigger fuel injectors
just to name a few -- looks like a little more than gearing to me ,.,
Damn..beat me to it... another thing you forgot is.. a RED Valve Cover Yo :p

·
Registered
286 Posts
I hate not being on one side of the fence or the other, but.....
Sure the JDM's make a little more power, but stock to stock the reason they feel like they're pulling harder is indeed the gearing. Honestly, how many of us can say they feel a noticeable difference in 5 whp in cars with the same gearing? The difference in stock power is negligable. Gearing is what makes the difference. Oh yeah, and the JDM ECU's come with a wicked cool governor :cry

·
Registered
571 Posts
japn engine

true they do have governors but quess what I have some nice mods and my car put down 198.1 hp to the wheels. I am switching to a hondata setup and will have 210-220 whp soon.. and no governor. She is very very fast for an all motor h22a and I can post dyno numbers soon..

·
Registered
968 Posts
what cc's are the stock jdm injectors compared the the stock, usdm, I also thought that they had a little more aggressive timing (not much), also dont forget the litlle stickers and things that have japanese writing.

·
Registered
926 Posts
whats the limiter on the JDM H22? and whats the price difference btwn that and the USDM one?

(i may be going H22 soon if i get a lil bit more money)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
well you wann talk about injectors ! the obd-1 h22 and the jdm ludes have 345cc injectors and the h22a4 usdm engine have 270cc injectors, oh they are bigger...... WRONG ! they are two completly different injectors. the obd 1 345cc are LOW impedence PEAK/HOLD and the 270cc are high impedence saturated............ pwned

·
Registered
286 Posts
JDM limiter is roughly 200 km/h I dont remember the exact stats, but thats where I seem to hit it...

·
Registered
968 Posts
i heard that they hit at about 112 to 115, on my speedo it said 115, but it is around there

·
Registered
926 Posts
BlackShLude said:
well you wann talk about injectors ! the obd-1 h22 and the jdm ludes have 345cc injectors and the h22a4 usdm engine have 270cc injectors, oh they are bigger...... WRONG ! they are two completly different injectors. the obd 1 345cc are LOW impedence PEAK/HOLD and the 270cc are high impedence saturated............ pwned
hmm so is there a real big difference here? like how it affects the powerband and other stuff?

·
Registered
571 Posts
injectors

BlackShLude said:
Two of the differences between P&H and Saturated injectors is in their speed and the amount of heat they generate.

The P&H injectors have faster response times (they open/close faster), making them more ideal for high HP. The downside is these types of injectors run a a tad bit hotter then Saturated type injectors, and over time this will cause the P&H injectors to fail earlier then Saturated injectors.

Saturated injectors have slower response time, but they dont run as hot as P&H injectors. And because of their slow response times you wont see them for large sizes (IE 1000cc). P&H injectors on the other hand are easily available in 1000+ cc sizes.

I would rather have higher cc injectors that are peak and hold vs saturated anyday. So consider yourself cowned --

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think the only differences is the pistons and the little tweaking here and there(fuel ign. timing, ecu). And maybe the transmission to help give it slightly better times.
But remember that all euro and jdm cars are tweaked down for the U.S. market. For different emissions standards and more fuel economy. Maybe it's just me but I do notice that my jdm swap eats a little more gas.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
Ya so just imagine how hard a usdm with forged internals at 11.5 to 1 pulls with a fully built head over a stock head!!!! :clap Oh wait I forgot I don't have to imagine!!!!! :rolleyes
Can we have at least one thread in this forum where you DON'T bring up your $7k fully built motor... :rolleyes

1 - 20 of 37 Posts