Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hmmm...if I got a JDM H22 swap, and I didn't have a USDM H22 ECU, but had the JDM ecu, wouldn't that be a problem since California gas kinda sucks?
If a V-AFC were added, can you make it run on lower octane? Or maybe have Hondata reprogram the ECU, but I'm not sure if Hondata reprograms JDM units...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I can reprogram your ecu and extend the revlimit and remove the speedlimiter on the jdm ecus. If anyone is interested hit me up. Only $160

·
Registered
903 Posts
the redline is exactly the same as the american h22.. 7400... trust me.. no different.. your free to rev up to 7700 rpm's especially in first gear.. ive noticed the rev limiter kicks in at different rpm's in different gears tho..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
True California gas sucks! Max is 91 octane only!

I a Hondata ECU was a choice, then might as well get a Hondata ECU in the first place right (although reprogramming the stock one is what they do anyways) cause it would save more time.

Well the car is having problems and throwing codes and all so my cousin took it back into the shop. It was partially his fault because he was anxious to get the car back.

I'll update with everyone when I get some results.

·
Registered
70 Posts
LudeAction said:
one prob with the jdm engines...you have a 130mph limmiter...dont go racing any stock lude on the freeway:D . good luck with the swap
I think you mean that the JDM ECU has a 130 mph limiter not the engine.

I have a JDM H22 with the USDM ECU and it hits more than 140mph. I was at 140mph with another 1000rpm to go, so, I guess it'll hit maybe 145 to 150mph.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Have you hit 140 on your JDM yet? I remember you doing 140 with the USDM, but I haven't seen you do 140 in the JDM yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
AREITU said:
Have you hit 140 on your JDM yet? I remember you doing 140 with the USDM, but I haven't seen you do 140 in the JDM yet.
Yeah, I did it a while ago on the freeway. I thought I told you about that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah it is not the motors it is the ecu.
i also have a jdm h22 running with a usdm ecu and i ran it up to 150mph.

as far as rev limit, this setup is in a 95 accord and i can take the needle all the way to the end of the tach which reads 8k. i dunno if it is the same measurements as ludes, but at the end of my stock accord tach (8k) i reach fuel cut.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
greengangsta said:
... i dunno if it is the same measurements as ludes...
A tach is a tach regardless of which car its in. And just becasue that tach has a later or earlier redline, its doesn't mean that its the redline for the swapped motor.

If you have an accord, your redline probably says 6400rpm or somwehere around there. But you know that your JDM H22 does not redline in the 6000 area so you take it to its true redline which is at 7500rpm and the fuel cutoff at 8000rpm.

The same goes the other way around! If you have 8000rpm redline and your motor only redlines at 6400rpm, don't take it to the idicated 8000rpm redline reading on your tach. Instead only take it out to the actual redline of your motor which is at 6400rpm.

I've even had people ask me about the rpm dilema. Just becasue you swap out a higher revving tach into your gauge cluster, it doesn't mean that your car can rev up higher, unless you really do have the modifications to take it up that high.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The JDM spec ludes speed restricter is set at 120mph not 130mph...
UK luder, the cheaper derestrictions mean that the vtec will not cut intil intil revs reach 6000 in first gear, not 5000, this is somethin to do with a signal being sent everytime the wheel turns to the ecu.
When this reaches a certian number say for example 10 pulses per second (for 120mph) then the fuel cut out cuts in.
The cheaper derestrictions just cut this pulse in half, ie at 120 mph there r half the pulse 5 per second, there for the restrictor is set at 240mph, (if this was possible)
however because vtec will not cut in intil a certain speed occurs (and there fore a certain ammount of pulses) the VTEC does not cut in intil 6000 revs in first (where the required ammount of 'pulses' is sent to the ecu).
To derestrict properly the ecu needs top be reprogrammed or a device such as the Apexi rev/speed meter used.

hope that made some sense, im a bit tired....

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ImportFan said:
120?! That sucks! What is Honda thinking?
It's not what Honda was thinking, its what the law sets it at. For example, the Supra TT has a top speed of 155mph because its restricted, not becasue thats what it tops out at. Its all in the ECU.

So if the law says that a car company has to do this to sell that, then they will do it. Of course the Lude that we are talking about topping out at 120mph is only the JDM ones witht he JDM ECU and not the USDM one. So if you have a USDM H22 motor,

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I wasn't referring to what the JDM lude tops out at.. but rather they programmed into the ECU to restrict it to go pass 120. I'm not from Japan so I wouldn't know, but I doubt that there is a federal regulation that states your car has to be limited to 120.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The US spec Supras and UK specs are limited to 155, even thou they could top 170 if derestricted.
However import one from Japan and cry as the fuel cutout kicks in at 112, yes 112mph...
not too much to derestrict...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Screaming Vtec said:
The US spec Supras and UK specs are limited to 155, even thou they could top 170 if derestricted.
However import one from Japan and cry as the fuel cutout kicks in at 112, yes 112mph...
not too much to derestrict...
derestrict? you mean unrestrict?

·
Registered
70 Posts
greengangsta said:
yeah it is not the motors it is the ecu.
i also have a jdm h22 running with a usdm ecu and i ran it up to 150mph.

as far as rev limit, this setup is in a 95 accord and i can take the needle all the way to the end of the tach which reads 8k. i dunno if it is the same measurements as ludes, but at the end of my stock accord tach (8k) i reach fuel cut.
SWEET! So I guess my car really could top out at 150mph! That's awesome! Thanks for that greengangsta! That really brightens my day! SWEET!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've got a JDM h22a swap in my lude and the fuel cutoff on my car is 118mph. I've hit fuel cutoff a few times on the freeway.:D I was running a USDM p13 and I was running A LOT leaner. I passed emissions with the USDMp13 though. The JDM p13 feels like it has a more agressive fuel curve than the USDM p13. Anyways, anybody have a 5speed JDM p13 for sale?? email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
70 Posts
What's wrong with your idle Honda Sport? Did you put on any aftermaket cams? Or, are you using an H22 ECU? Or, is your trottle body not set right?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts