Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded a 90 integra w/ a b16a, for a 91 crx w/ a jdm front clip. I am having problems with the headlights, when I have it on low beam it is about as bright as a flashlight, and on hight beam it is like a dim low beam. :bh

Any ideas, please help :confused

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
Check the wires, or get new bulbs. Sylvannia SilverStar lights are the best. Also keep in mind that most CR-X's lights are pretty dim. Sometimes I don't even think mine are on when they are.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I would suggest getting/trying new bulbs like some Sylvania SilverStars or checking the connections on the harness for the lights. Other than that, check the alternator/battery make sure everything is charged up. Could be a ground connection is bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i switch between high and low beams it doesn't change the hieght of the beam :confused I changed the bulbs and it didn't help, I tried some sort of relay and it helped but then it started to melt the plastic were it connects to the bulb :eek and it only gives me the high beam. does the JDM crx headlight need a special kind of bulb?

thanks

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
I'm not trying to be a dick here...

But... Have you cleaned the headlamp glass? In my car, once road salt gets on in or if it's really dusty and it sticks my lights get dim fast. I'd replace the bulbs anyway if I were you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts