Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im considering getting JDM headlights. wut is the diff from replicas and the real thing.. i mean..can u really tell if the other one is fake or is there anything diff between them. and please no stupid answers like..one is real..one is fake...dats sumthin i would say:D

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
fogging is common with the replicas. Some of them have bad fitment of the black piece to the chrome piece. A bit of silicone around the edges should keep out the fog and will be fine. Put the $300 savings into a HID kit or towards a nitrous system or something that will give you actual performance.

·
Registered
247 Posts
JDM ones blind oncoming traffic whereas the knockoffs are made for cars in the US...since they drive on the opposite side of the road in japan...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Basically, the biggest difference IMO, is that one says stanley on the front, and one says depo. Mine fit PERFECT, and neither my headlights, or corners have ever got any condensation in them. I've only heard of a few cases where the corners have got condensation in them...and rarely hear anything bad about the actual headlights. But like cyrogen said, to be safe, some people seal them up a little more with a clear silicone.

·
Registered
458 Posts
95accord22 said:
Basically, the biggest difference IMO, is that one says stanley on the front, and one says depo. Mine fit PERFECT, and neither my headlights, or corners have ever got any condensation in them. I've only heard of a few cases where the corners have got condensation in them...and rarely hear anything bad about the actual headlights. But like cyrogen said, to be safe, some people seal them up a little more with a clear silicone.

exactly! mine is PERFECT!
of course "95accord22" helped me out installing 'em while ago.
it has been approximately 6months, it has been just good so far!

·
Registered
968 Posts
How much and where can i find the replicas for a 95

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just kind of a question to put out there. is there any way to buy directly from depo? they sell on ebay starting at (I think $260) and I bet depo sells alot cheaper

·
Registered
131 Posts
the difference is
Stanley Real JDM BlackHousing
1. Better Quality
2. Better Fitment
3. Since cars are LHD, they flare on the wrong side, I hear you can fix this by just adjustments.
4. They are about $500

Depo Style
1. Quality isn't Bad
2. The leaking can be fixed easliy
3. There's a guy local in Socal, who can get them for like $230
4. They are made for USDM cars

·
Registered
348 Posts
get the real ones......when ppl check out your car and see the "stanley" letters, they'll be like....:eek: .

atleast, that's what they do when they see mines...hehe

B

·
0 Posts
why not just make your own? and then buy some jdm clear corners..... cryogen97 has instructions on his site....

thats my plan in spring :D

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
blackaccordlx said:
why not just make your own? and then buy some jdm clear corners..... cryogen97 has instructions on his site....

thats my plan in spring :D
Because nice new clear headlights are always sooo nice...

I did that with my original ones, and they turned out awsome, but they were rock chipped, and just old looking. So I bought new ones.

B

·
0 Posts
95accord22 said:
Because nice new clear headlights are always sooo nice...

I did that with my original ones, and they turned out awsome, but they were rock chipped, and just old looking. So I bought new ones.
good point! maybe ill just go buy some new stock ones, cause "I" want to do and make things for my car, you know what i mean?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts