Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the best way to source the whole front end...

COMPETE ENGINE
6 SPEED LSD TRANSMISSION
WIRING HARNESS
ECU
FLYWHEEL
CLUTCH
INTAKE MANIFOLD
DRIVE SHAFTS
THROTTLE BODY
LAMBDA SENSORS (O2)
FUEL RAIL
INJECTORS
AIR INTAKE TEMP SENSORS

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did any North American cars even have this engine?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like he has a Elise, Im guessing he is looking to replace the motor thats in it.......
That's exactly what I'm planning. It would appear based on my research that a 2002-2004 Acura Integra RSX Type S with the K20A2/6spd trans is the best US option. While it has slightly less compression than the K20A JDM, it has other desirable features the JDM doesn't have (i.e. cam lobe readjustment upon oil pressure drop). Basically the same engine with only a 20 HP difference (due to slightly different internals).

Since I plan to supercharge it when installed (with other intake/exhaust bits), it would deliver slightly over 300HP on a standard internals engine (desirable on a track car that runs all day long).

Thanks,

KM

· Banned
41,334 Posts
That's exactly what I'm planning. It would appear based on my research that a 2002-2004 Acura Integra RSX Type S with the K20A2/6spd trans is the best US option. While it has slightly less compression than the K20A JDM, it has other desirable features the JDM doesn't have (i.e. cam lobe readjustment upon oil pressure drop). Basically the same engine with only a 20 HP difference (due to slightly different internals).

Since I plan to supercharge it when installed (with other intake/exhaust bits), it would deliver slightly over 300HP on a standard internals engine (desirable on a track car that runs all day long).

Thanks,

KM
I love the Elise, I had a 01 mr2 but that seems like to closet I'll get to a Elise lol

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts

Thanks,

KM
get the k20z1

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
get the k20z1
The European pre-engineered/manufactured kits (mounts, specialized axles, manifolds, cooling hoses, adapters, plus tons more) are designed to perfectly adapt to the Elise, and are designed around the K20A2 Type R with 6 spd GB... very specific. (Kit- $6K)

Since I'm not a fabricator, I've chosen to go with a time-proven design/kit rather than experiment with a new design on a high-speed track car.

While the K20Z1 is similar, I'm told the GB design/mounts are different. But thank you for your comments.

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.