Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can get a set of JDM folding mirrors for my car? They do fold in automatically when I shut the car off right? And open when I turn it on? I was thinking it would look pretty bad if I got those. It would accent the "soon to be here as soon as I get enough money and order it" carbon fiber hood nicely.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
let me know if you find em, that sounds pretty cool.

· Registered
209 Posts
they are all over eBay, you can get some authentic JDM ones also...type in "EK9" for some...plus other JDM goodness. I never heard of them folding automatically...I've only seen em' with the swith that you press to open/close them.

· Registered
286 Posts
even though it would be sweet ass to have them fold whenever the car is on/off they don't work like that. there is a switch that you have to buy with it its just like the auto adjustable mirrors. most of the time the mirrors are sold with out the switch so make sure you get one of those.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
jai si said:
I have found some, but I do want them for less than 120 bucks plus shipping.
The ones you found for $120 (autodynamic??) are only power mirrors.. They're not power fold-in as well, you have to fold them in manually.. If you're looking for power fold-ins, then expect to pay like $300+ :)

· Registered
2,356 Posts
jai si said:
Yeah the ones that I found were on autodynamic. So they don't actually fold in automatically? If not then I really don't want them haha.
Nope.. the only 'power' part is the actual mirror itself.. It hooks up to the factory controls so you can move the mirror around to suit your needs while driving.. The actual fold-in function of the mirror is manual (you have to do it with your own hands)

· Registered
209 Posts
The for real deal JDM ones have a different switch and they do fold with the puch of a button...the switch reseambles that if USDM one with the left-right selector and then there are two controls...one to control the mirror it self like ours has and then another one below it that folds the selected mirror in. Maybe someone just ought to invent the ones that fold automatically when you shut off the car....they would make some serious $$$ I'm sure. I would buy em'....especially if they were JDM style.

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so they CAN fold in automatically...idea unscratched. I might be able to rig it up with the door sensors so that it can tell when they are opened or closed, and that just might work. Now to find some, and some money.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
jai si said:
Ok, so they CAN fold in automatically...idea unscratched. I might be able to rig it up with the door sensors so that it can tell when they are opened or closed, and that just might work. Now to find some, and some money.
The genuine Honda of Japan ones can fold in automatically.. They have the motor to actually 'fold' the mirror in.. The ones from autodynamic only have the motor to move the mirror glass, not the entire housing..

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok ok back to the original plan then, get the autofolding mirrors is back on track since I'm not crazy and they actually exist. Anybody know where I can pick up a pair? The cheaper the better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.