Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a JDM p13 on ebay right now going for 50 bux, i havent checked around junk yards yet, but i heard that they are also around 50 bux. Would it be better for me just to get the p13 and a OBDII to OBDI conversion harness?

·
Registered
238 Posts
you could try to use Neptune but i don't think datalogging is complete yet so it'll cost a lot more dyno time. go for the P28.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
luderacer said:
I would get a p28. Unless you plan on changing your injectors, I would get the p28 so it works with your saturated injectors. That's what I'm running right now.

Also isn't the jdm p13 speed governed or something?
It's governed to fuel cut off at 120mph.

Going that fast isn't necessary anywy *points to sig*

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd say go with the P28 or P72, then send it Hondata if you want the pimp shit. You'll need more than a VAFC to get a smooth power curve out of a P28 or P72. If your on a budget and sticking with boltons, get the P13 and a VAFC to get rid of the limiter. I'm using the JDM P13 and hitting the speed limiter before 4th gear can rev out fully is no fun. Going 120+ is! :lol2

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i didnt know a p13 couldnt be used with hondata, i thought any OBDI honda ecu with vtec would work.

I am planning the p28 route with hondata (launch control, full throttle shift, 3 step rev limiter options)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Quaalude22SE said:
I'd say go with the P28 or P72, then send it Hondata if you want the pimp shit. You'll need more than a VAFC to get a smooth power curve out of a P28 or P72. If your on a budget and sticking with boltons, get the P13 and a VAFC to get rid of the limiter. I'm using the JDM P13 and hitting the speed limiter before 4th gear can rev out fully is no fun. Going 120+ is! :lol2
agreed, but the vafc doesnt get rid of the limiter, well an apexi doesnt, i guess a fields vafc does?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
piece by piece, not doing bottom end stuff (yet)... got the cams, need valve springs, now the manual tensioner, then ecu, trying to sell my wheels and get some 15s...
thats the thought at least :rolleyes
and who knows what else i'll throw my money at :bh

my fiance hates it, but the bills get paid so i'll continue to do it.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
jdm isnt every thing....you will save a few bucks if you get the p28 cause you dont have to take off the limiter and dont have to get the harnesses. my friends got the h22a and it cuts off at 120, thats no fun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.