Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know how to wire up a 92-96 jdm instament cluster? I have already figued out how to modify it to fit in my left hand drive dash. The problem is I don't know what the wire colors for the jdm cluster are. I might just have a bad jdm cluster, but I dont know. If anybody has successfully done this before please write. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as you guys can see i originally posted this question a long time ago...and i still don't have and answer. two years have past and i still have this JDM cluster laying around in my garage. Mabey in the last two years some has figued it out. thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
O.K. dude use search cause I posted these before too...

will not work......... different amounts of wires in the plugs and different colors......unless you have the harness too.....but then the whole harness is the popsite way and you have to modify the shit out of it....and then theres still different wirest in it that won't match your car plugs so forget it..\you're just gonna waste time...take the whole dash apart and then figure out I don't wanna do this anymore cause it's so fucked up....and you'll end up with no working gauges at all........ I tried too .. I made an idiot out of my self and got thye JDM gauges not thinking about that they won't fit and all the different then here color and amount of wires.... I tried andno it's not worth it......lol just get the usdm electrolumiscent gauges ..... the only diff. in JDM is that they're all in KMH only thats all...

·
Registered
870 Posts
RedlinePrelude said:
O.K. dude use search cause I posted these before too...

will not work......... different amounts of wires in the plugs and different colors......unless you have the harness too.....but then the whole harness is the popsite way and you have to modify the shit out of it....and then theres still different wirest in it that won't match your car plugs so forget it..\you're just gonna waste time...take the whole dash apart and then figure out I don't wanna do this anymore cause it's so fucked up....and you'll end up with no working gauges at all........ I tried too .. I made an idiot out of my self and got thye JDM gauges not thinking about that they won't fit and all the different then here color and amount of wires.... I tried andno it's not worth it......lol just get the usdm electrolumiscent gauges ..... the only diff. in JDM is that they're all in KMH only thats all...
Yeah thats right, you tell him!!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
I tried to do that so i know....... anyone wants JDM Cluster Electrolumiscent withe the inverter box and wiring harness.....just pay the shipping and I'll let you have it for nothing

·
Registered
3 Posts
It Is possible

IT is very possible I have done it and it works! You need the inverter box, the stock harnes and about a week to do the wiring. Most the wires just match up to the corrisponding colors on the harness but a few are tricky. A good multimeter and a lot of patience are required. If your interested I can custom make you a harness but it will cost like $150 but then it would plug right in. Also note that you need to modify rear of the dash to make room for the inverter box to sit when you put it all back together fell free to email me if you have questions [email protected]

·
Registered
192 Posts
theres write up for this in many different sites, if not the jdm EL cluster the usdm cluster needs some costumization to put on a 92-93 preludes and 94-96 base models. i have an EL cluster on my 92 lude so it could be done. for the jdm cluster the mounting points are in different places but with some cuts here and there im pretty sure you can fit it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.