Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

JDM Rear Tail lights

2K views 46 replies 12 participants last post by  vtec427 
#1 ·
Is there a web-site that sells them, cause im getting tired of my damn Altezzas.

#7 ·
get da JDM taillights....like droppedcrxsi said...only the true enthusiast would notice them.....and the front end is the same way...only the true enthusiast would notice it.....

#8 ·
#9 ·
question

uhm...

question: here in Europe ALL crx's have the amber around the lights. Only the 88-89 models don't have them, but 90-91 models do, not just the SiR.

(don't know american chassis codes, so I'll give you 'ours')

90-91 ed9 (DOHC 1.6 non-VTEC uhm.. d16something)
90-91 ee8 (VTEC 1.6 b16a1)

so the question is: do all american crx's have the non-amber part wrap???

#10 ·
b16a1, in a word yes; due to US federal vehicle regulations, the front corners, left and right sides have to light up yellow and the rear corners, the left and right sides have to light up red. JDM/EDM cars do not share that reg therefore, the fronts are clear not yellow and the taillight clusters are yellow not red.

Frank

#12 ·
id take the widebody over the jdm tails...but thats me

#17 ·
well...

where are the xtra 2 lights on a JDM than???

I mean: you're right about the EDM (looking at my own taillights :D ), but I'm wondering where the JDM has the xtra lights... or does it have some UGLY xtra foglights hanging under the bumper...???

or like a gen1 rex, IN the bumper?

xplain plz...

#18 ·
Here is a pic of the JDM rear, the EDM would have 1 white and one red, with the JDM both are white reverse light. In Japan red fog lights are not required at the back. However, if the car is imported to the UK for example, you have to have a rear fog light to pass MOT. Most common is to have an ugly fog hanging under the bumper, however other options are available such as rewiring one of the reverse light into a fog light (same as EDM) and adding a high wattage red bulb, or you could wire up the 3rd break light above the H emblem.

#19 ·
well... there's a red bulb in the left white part indeed (in the EDM that is)

and the 3rd brakelight was illegal on new cars back in the 90's, so I don't have one above the H logo...

(strange thing: within a year, we had the 3rd brakelight legalized and then OBLIGATED (on new cars))
but then again: our minister of traffic (free translation ;)) is a woman.... :D

hehehe....

#23 ·
having the last say ... well, it's a hobby ;)

btw: you seem to have a glass top... REALLY nice... (too bad it's heavier and therefore slower and not very good for rigidity (is that the word for it?), but hey: IT LOOKS GREAT)

have some pics for me?

#24 ·
Heavier yes, but not that much. Slower, not necessarily, the EDM VT/SiR is rated @ 150BHP, the JDM SiR 160PS ~ 158BHP. With regards to rigidity, again not sure as the upper frame of the glass top CRX's were reinforced for that reason.

I don't have pics of the glass roof, will do by next week though, have pics of the car if you're interested @ www.cyberrexer.20m.com

Excuse the mess, no time to work on the site.

#25 ·
hehe don't worry...

my page looks good, but the pics don't popup...

so yours is still better :D

(will update in coming week I hope, if I can get some more pics of my own ride.... than I can once again have the last say on a topic *LOL*)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.