Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone!
I got myself a 1989 Honda Integra from japan with B16A engine, of course, everything is good about the car, exept the heating system. I can only get the blowing motor work on the HI, not MID or LOW, can anyone suggest how to fix that and some details. Another question, i have a catalic converter light coming on even before starting the engine, how do I fix that one?

I'd love to hear any points on how to fix my problems.Thanks a lot everyone, i will include the picture of the catalic converter light on my display.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the whole in the catalist is out of the way, i just hoisted the car, checked the whole pipe, nothing there, its like brand new. the resistor did nothing, there is something else wrong with it, faaaaaaaaaaaack :confused

·
Registered
941 Posts
there are couple things that could have gone wrong with the blower...1 the switch itself might be bad, the wires and relays going to the motor are bad or the motor itself. Chances are there's crude in the motor from being exposed for so long in the elements if its dormant for a long time...seeing if ur car is from jdm land it's been sitting for a while.

For the "cat light" I believe it means in general that there is a faulty emmision control device...not just catalytic converter. Pull up the codes and see whats up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
martinez32 said:
there are couple things that could have gone wrong with the blower...1 the switch itself might be bad, the wires and relays going to the motor are bad or the motor itself. Chances are there's crude in the motor from being exposed for so long in the elements if its dormant for a long time...seeing if ur car is from jdm land it's been sitting for a while.

For the "cat light" I believe it means in general that there is a faulty emmision control device...not just catalytic converter. Pull up the codes and see whats up.
ill check the resistors for the blower, might be that, then my question is where do i pull up the code? what i did is, i unscrewed the dash board and got rid of that annoying light, bc it doesnt do anything, just sits in there, plus ill be putting headers and full cat back exhaust, so i think i might get rid of that right. i pulled the sensor conncetion for car, and no change, so that means there is a wiring porblem.

·
Registered
941 Posts
changing you're exhaust system will not take care of the light...it is a general emission control device like evap canister's oxygen sensor or pcv valves. O2 sensor problem ususal comes up under the check engine though.

do you know what this suposed resistor looks like or even where it is?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have what the resistor looks like, does it look like nomal resistors in range of 7.5 AMP to 30 AMP? i got those covered under my steering wheel, they're all good, cant thnink of any other place, and i dont know where to look basically, and the other question to you, since u know your stuff, i want to take out my deck, where do i unscrew the dash board? i want to take out the deck for a simple reason: in japan their FM range is 77.0Mhz-90Mhz, so i dont get major radio stations, and i believe there is a switch in the back of the deck to a N america's standart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts