Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have the jdm sohc vtec and tranny in my 95cx hatchback and wanna know wat i can do with the motor thats cheap and not turbo maybe nos later but not now for now i wanna go all motor like shave the head and maybe raise compression, get oversized pistons and cams and stuff ? any suggestions ? right now i just have stage 2 clutch, lightened flywheel, cold air intake, exhaust, lowered and planning to get some headers soon to replace the jdm headers, does anyone think like a dc sports header will give me much more performance than the jdm headers cause i dont know if its worth the $300 cause the jdm headers rock

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Hey what's up, me again! If you can't get your info you need on your motor, then for sure getting forged pistons for the D15 will work to raise compression, but expensive. Head shaving will work too but messes with your cam/ignition timing. If you want good torque with high-c/r and still use nitrous later, forged pistons are the way to go anyhow instead of the A6 units. Too much stress to do high c/r and bottle both on stock cast pistons.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
what's different between the usdm sohc vtec and the jdm sohc vtec

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
klungemonger you said

"Hey what's up, me again! If you can't get your info you need on your motor, then for sure getting forged pistons for the D15 will work to raise compression, but expensive. Head shaving will work too but messes with your cam/ignition timing. If you want good torque with high-c/r and still use nitrous later, forged pistons are the way to go anyhow instead of the A6 units. Too much stress to do high c/r and bottle both on stock cast pistons."

i say i cant afford forged pistons so i wanna go witgh the a6 units, u think they will fit ? im still gonna shave and port and polish head cause i know someone who's good at it and said they can use cam gears to adjust timing or some shit so im gonna go this route gonna look for some pistons now, which car should i look to get it out of ? the 90 crx si right ?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Remember what I wrote in your other thread? About the difference in stroke & rod length probably you can't use the A6 pistons. That's why I need to know your stock c/r, head cc's, and whatever else. Likely you will have to look for pistons from another D15, not the d16a6. Sorry for the bad news there, the first time I had suggested this way back when I wasn't aware you had this funky motor!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Re: ok dude will get that info

mclean987 said:
but what is head cc ?
The size of the combustion chambers in the cylinder head, measured in cubic centimeters (cc's). This is a critical number to figure out what piston will give you teh higher compression. BAsically, when I know what size your chamber is and what your stock compression is, I can compare it to the chambers of other d15 heads and what stock c/r they have to see if any of them will give you higher compression or not.

Since your d15 has MUCH higher output than any of ours, I'm inclined to think any of the USDM d15 pistons are going to help you. You might think about just milling the head and/or decking the block to increase c/r. But with teh expense involved in some of the machining work you might be better off with the forged pistons. but you don't have money for that you said. Maybe save, OR...perhaps you ought to think about getting stock internals from the A6 motor. Then you can increase your displacement AND compression at the same time. More torque and HP all around... cheaper than a set of forged pistons and the same amount of work to put in.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dude

ok heres the spec but me kinda confused now, cause u suggested changing all internals, wat exactly is all ? i just want the cheapest method to make the little engine go fast, how about if the a6 pistons fit in there i put those in and shave and port and polish head, wat u say ? or you said if i change internals i will get better performance ? displacement ? but from what i know 1.5 usdm are crap and dont have nowhere as much power ...help

D15B
(vtec) 1493
bore and stroke 75.0 X 84.5
compressions ratio 9.3
16V SOHC
VTEC PGM-Fi
power 130/6800
torque 14.1/5200

got in fo from this page, is that the a6 specs on that page aswell ?
http://asia.vtec.net/specs/egcivic/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts