Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Where are you looking for power?

The Skunk2 is just a prettier Type R manifold...they're almost identical. If you're making real power, the Edelbrock Performer X is the way to go....it outperforms ITBs.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
what do you have done to your car? and if you have a peaky ass b16 in a heavy car like you do, i would focus on mods that gave me more midrange like a 4-2-1 header. not dynoqueen bullshit like more agressive cams etc. for your car to make anymore noticeable power n/a you'll need atleast everything you mentioned and then some.

on top of that you'll need weight reduction. your motor puts down literally 85 lbs of tq to the wheels.

· Registered
496 Posts
i dont have the money for boost and i have a 4-2-1 header already so what do you advise, really no smart ass comments, b.t.w fuck typing posts on wii my damn wrist hurts

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
i dont have the money for boost and i have a 4-2-1 header already so what do you advise, really no smart ass comments, b.t.w fuck typing posts on wii my damn wrist hurts
for a crv? an IM will do nothing but destroy your midrange on a stock motor. best thing you can do is weight reduction, cams and boltons with a tune.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Don't use a VTEC head as a way to gain more power. Use the VTEC head if you are looking for ways to get a bump in compression, and to improve cylinder head flow. The gains from these two effects will be extremely minimal if you aren't going for an intensive build.

There's lots of threads on B20/VTEC, as well as an entire forum dedicated to it. If you're just looking for a mild budget build, a VTEC head really isn't the way for you to go.

And I agree with everything that's been said about the aftermarket IMs. They will really shove your powerband up, and you'll be laggy in the midrange, and then you'll feel like you hit a 25 shot of nitrous for like 1000rpm up top. You need enough supporting mods to help bring the powerband back down, and actually have these IMs work for you.

However, in my experience, these IMs don't really affect the powerband too much when you use them in a boost build. They still provide the most gains up top, but they don't shift the entire boosted powerband to the upper rpm.

· Registered
2,307 Posts
spray the house down. IF you wanna go fast.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts

· Registered
4,633 Posts
No hire me!

Automotive Engineer.....you know you waaaaaaaaant it. You guys have any P.Eng. guys down there? You could have another.......:ninja

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
No hire me!

Automotive Engineer.....you know you waaaaaaaaant it. You guys have any P.Eng. guys down there? You could have another.......:ninja
i looked at there sight and they have a customer service and sales rep position open!....i would do either and they have an auto engineer spot as well. we should both get hired. i would fly down for an interview!!!!!!

they need to market some nissan parts anyway and they could use my car as a guinea pig!!!!

fuck i'd even intern there for free and get another job to pay bills as long as i got to work for a big time import company!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Yea that Engineering Intern job they have up sounds like the same thing I've been doing in between semesters for the airline I've been working at. As a new Engineering graduate, I need to look for want ads for "EIT" (Engineer In Training) positions. 4 Years of being an EIT working under a Professional Engineer, and I can take the licensing exam to become a P.Eng. myself and get my stamp....and lots more $$$.

On Topic...any new manifolds in the works?

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
i want to be a sales rep or customer service. i have about 4-5 years of sales experience and i have customer service/phone experience.

as far as topic goes. the stock i/m is the best solution

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.